• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

You KNOW your initial offer was "Choose One" from $15 - $20 "offerings". Again, no one is FORCING you to participate in the thread and take things when you CAN'T give back.

You keep trying to play this "victim" card. You're the only one who threw up an :takeit: for an ASM #50 and then offered "options" to choose from that were between $15 - $20?! No one did this but you? (shrug)

The only reason you got this notion of $50 was "good enough" was when Cricket started :baiting: 1Cool about the value of the ASM #50 and threw out figures "that it could sell on eBay for $50 - $60" all day. You jumped on this and maxed out your offers at $50 to be "just enough" to cover this newly created value of the previous offering.

Oh, I get it and I can read. (thumbs u

…now I get it. I was confused when everyone kept suggesting that I combine the offers…

I AM pulling from Amazon. I do not actually own any of those items. But before everyone gets up in arms about that, again keep in mind that that buying those items still hurts. I do not have $50 to just spend willy-nilly, but I wanted to. Just because I did not own them does not mean they are any less of an offer.

That's why I could not combine them. I really did not have more than $50 to spend.

And you see nothing wrong with this? Didn't this same community just show you an outpouring of support and charity for your cat?! (shrug)

How could claiming a very generous offer of an ASM #50 and drop shipping something very minimal from Amazon be viewed as "giving back"?

:popcorn:

Why do you insist on throwing instances of receiving charity back in peoples' faces? This is the second time you've done it, and I think it's in extremely poor taste.

Because when I see someone TAKE from this community in a time of need and not really intend to GIVE back it makes me want to :sick: .

THAT is why I do it.

You shouldn't take it upon yourself to speak for the community. If you gave to help him out, you have more of an argument though I still would think it in bad form.

Because when I see someone TAKE from this community in a time of need and not really intend to GIVE back it makes me want to :sick: .

THAT is why I do it.

The intention to give back is likely there, but the means to do so are not. Giving back after being in a tough spot can take time, that's understandable. I think the issue is someone leaning on the idea that they're in a tough spot, and feeling entitled to keep taking. We had a similar discussion go poof last night... best to put it all behind us, and keep moving forward.

RAK

All four books. In honor of this threads creator 2 DD issues. I missed Batman's birthday, so here is the Limited Collectors Edition and a first appearance issue.

2zhdw0p.jpg

s1qlgw.jpg

qx5o41.jpg

1126hc9.jpg

Would love to have these if they are still available--- took forever to read this entire forum to get to the end. :takeit:

THAT is why I do it.

But you are not giving them the benefit of doubt. You are quickly assuming that they are trying to manipulate or cheat the system. They may actually be doing the best they can with what they have...but it's not good enough for you.

Why is this still being discussed ???

Game over

Folks if you can't play then tfb

Sorry but if you can't comprehend I can't help you

Fine collector said it best, let's move forward

The intention to give back is likely there, but the means to do so are not. Giving back after being in a tough spot can take time, that's understandable. I think the issue is someone leaning on the idea that they're in a tough spot, and feeling entitled to keep taking.

hm Spot on. I don't see how hard it is to grasp that if you cannot give back as much as you take, then maybe you shouldn't be taking. Take within the means of what you can give back. It's simple common sense to keep a good balance and continue making a success of this thread.

Again, Meeklo...who forced you to :takeit: an ASM #50 when you did not have the means to reciprocate the generosity?? (shrug)

Who is to say I didn't besides me?

Seriously…you are NOT getting it.

I was being generous, to the best of my ability. Just because it is not generous to you does not mean it is not generous to others. Like I said, I got a bunch of messages PM'd and on this thread that said they would have taken one of my offers.

I made the decision…on my own…without any :baiting: from anyone to pull my offers because I did not believe they were good enough. I decided that, no one else.

Do we all need to ask you if our offers meet your requirement of generosity or can we please be allowed to figure it out ourselves?

The intention to give back is likely there, but the means to do so are not. Giving back after being in a tough spot can take time, that's understandable. I think the issue is someone leaning on the idea that they're in a tough spot, and feeling entitled to keep taking.

hm Spot on. I don't see how hard it is to grasp that if you cannot give back as much as you take, then maybe you shouldn't be taking. Take within the means of what you can give back. It's simple common sense to keep a good balance and continue making a success of this thread.

I agree with both of these…that's why I rescinded my offer.

RAK

All four books. In honor of this threads creator 2 DD issues. I missed Batman's birthday, so here is the Limited Collectors Edition and a first appearance issue.

2zhdw0p.jpg

s1qlgw.jpg

qx5o41.jpg

1126hc9.jpg

Would love to have these if they are still available--- took forever to read this entire forum to get to the end. :takeit:

^^

Send me a PM with your address

Okay, here we go with my first-ever Giving Tree Offer...

Option #1 - Green Lantern #40, VG (origin Guardians and Infinite Earths) and

- Detective Comics #411, Fr to G- (1st Talia)

GL40A.jpg

GL40B.jpg

TEC411.jpg

TEC411B.jpg

Option #2 - Amazing Spider-Man #24 G/VG (1965)

- Marvel Super-Heroes 13 G (1st Ms Marvel)

- New Mutants Annual #2 (1st Psylocke)

ASM24.jpg

ASM24B.jpg

MSH13.jpg

MSH13B.jpg

NEWMUTANN2.jpg

What the heck. I'll take option #1 :takeit:

Winnah! :headbang:

PM your address to me

Nice, movement again. Got stuff ready if the current offer is in my wheel house. Coming Soon sign could use a new look. How about posting one of Kav's big booty-ed sketches, then it would be a little less disappointing when you see it.