• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong -I love em. I'm re-reading my Kirbys as we speak.

If you haven't read em in 20 years you should.

I find the recycled dialogue in all the modern X Men ripoff books to be intolerable....

Kirby didn't recycle anything-he forged new stuff. Some people say Kamandi was a planet of the apes ripoff but the DIALOGUE was NOTHING like planet of the apes.

The dialogue in most of the modern books is midway between fanciful and numbing. :P

Kamandi clearly represent what you could make by working thoughfully on a not-so-well accomplished idea development (i.e. the Planet of the Apes) turning it into an accomplished adventure series (with a lot of food for thought too). In Kamandi, Kirby's relative weakness in dialogue is largely compensated by the straight forward and complelling narration.

This is from the statue thread. Just wanted to say "THANK YOU!!" to quadman78 and rfoiii. Randy for offering up his extra statue at cost (and covering shipping) and Robb, much to my surprise, paying for it!! (worship)(worship)

I'm sure it's buried in this thread, but does anybody have this?

Junkdrawer was trying to find one at Boston Comic Con and since I just picked up a BA12, I kind of want on! :D I've always loved Bruce Timm's art and this just looks cool. Wondered if someone here has one.

review_bbwharley_7.jpg

Hey Swicky...I have an extra I might be willing to part with if you're serious. :baiting:

How much? 2nd editions are pre-selling for just under $70.

Swick could use a nice gift for all the good he has done around here lately.

Feel free to PM me if we can make a deal. :)

RAK TIME!

I really wanted to like this series but just never got into it. I know a lot of people do like it though so hopefully someone here can pick it up and check it out.

Free shipping in the US. $10 toward shipping any where else.

Clone issues 1-8.

b7e16417-347b-41b6-b64d-ddb68a80509b_zps676bec0d.jpg

cause Jimmers really wanted em

Then he'd be THE perfect person to :takeit: your offer! :D

It's cool - the whole point of the thread is giving and they are absolutely your books to do with as you please. I guess I just cant understand why someone wouldn't just claim an offer if they liked the books. (shrug)