• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I have an original art page from the Demon's 1990s series (the one by Alan Grant, I think) – it’s pretty unexciting but if I dig it out I’d be happy to give it away, here on PIF. :)

I am a big fan of the original Demon but I did not like what they did since that series with the character… :shrug:

I posted some OA briefly, but I wasn't able to take that offer. I still have my OA waiting and ready. I'm just waiting for something I collect.

What do you collect?

I posted some OA briefly, but I wasn't able to take that offer. I still have my OA waiting and ready. I'm just waiting for something I collect.

What do you collect?

Teen Titans, Flash and Daredevil slabs are the primary focus. Pretty much any slabs from 70s-early 80s DC books. And then I'm always looking for something else cool that catches my eye.

What do you collect?

Teen Titans, Flash and Daredevil slabs are the primary focus. Pretty much any slabs from 70s-early 80s DC books. And then I'm always looking for something else cool that catches my eye.

There should be plenty of those floating around. I stay away from Bronze DC books and Daredevils except for a few keys so you are welcome to them :grin:

I think the high expectations and low participation is causing people to not want to jump in, but that's just my 2c .

(thumbs u

I some what agree and had the best hope for this thread but now I just don't know what to think. It just may be best if I stay out of it.

Here is one observation.

It has nothing to do with "the hot seat", but really the Downward Spiral.

Someone offers up something valued at $80 - $100.

Someone claims it and offers up something based on an $80 assessment and offers up something valued at $60 - $80. Repeat.

Honestly, I've told several people this - I'm completely done with PIF because there is zero accountability or consequences. Someone could literally continue to claim something, offer up drek, stall the thread and repeat a week later. And I've been jaded with this thread as well.

I really don't know what else to do with this thread. :sorry:

You either have people holding out waiting for something "better" or too afraid to jump in whether it's because they really can't give back or won't give back. The only ones that can decide that honestly is the person offering something. (shrug)

The negativity in this thread at times absolutely played a part. But there is nothing honest with claiming an ASM 50 and offering up one tpb. So at times apparently honesty is a synonym for negativity. I don't know what else to say.

I can say I tried. But this IS a community thread and if people don't want to jump in and honestly participate the thread will just die out anyway. I'm not saying this about Wall-Crawler or anyone in particular for that matter. Sort of just :blahblah: at this point. Maybe we just go back to PIF and leave it at TGT or just make this there's about RAKs. Sure, claim anything for free. But some need to realize when their name is up there in the "take" column repeatedly - meh

I guess all we can do is :popcorn: but at some point I'll just close the thread and say we tried. :(

You’ may be right about the "waiting for something better", but on my part it’s just waiting for something that actually interest me.

I would have been interested in the X-Men #120 from Tyler's offer, for example, but I already have it. And the Silver Surfer #2 was very cool too (and an important first appearance of an alien race), but I have decided not to collect Silver Surfer in full.

I simply mean that if one has no interest, that is the first motive which could bring the thread to an halt.

I would have no problems in adequate follow-up offers as long as I see something which I am effectively interested in. :)

Well if thats it I'm pretty amazed at the stuff i got and I gave out some amazing stuff

I say it was a great journey

I think it's more the number of people participating have given out what they want to and now everyone is happy.

Well if thats it I'm pretty amazed at the stuff i got and I gave out some amazing stuff

I say it was a great journey

I think he means at some point he may close it down but I don't think he means today.