• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

I have tons of stuff I could offer up, but I'm not interested in spider-man. That's what half the offers have been lately. I feel like the thread will never get a good variety of board members participating, if there's not a broad variety of offers.

That’s another reason: I am partially interested in Spidey (certain issues and story arcs) but many offers had books that I either already had, or not among those I was looking for.

Also, not being a priority for me, I’d favor other books or series.

Surely I would appreciate a low grade ASM #4. :grin:

I have tons of stuff I could offer up, but I'm not interested in spider-man. That's what half the offers have been lately. I feel like the thread will never get a good variety of board members participating, if there's not a broad variety of offers.

I think a lot of people collect Spiderman on the boards so people tended to offer up books that they think others will like. How would anyone know to offer up a Bronze Age DC book unless someone said they were looking for it. Its like everyone is stabbing in the dark hoping to hit someone. You can always offer up a AF 15 which is kind of like using a bazooka instead of a knife but not everyone has a book that will hit all collectors.

I think a lot of people collect Spiderman on the boards so people tended to offer up books that they think others will like. How would anyone know to offer up a Bronze Age DC book unless someone said they were looking for it. Its like everyone is stabbing in the dark hoping to hit someone. You can always offer up a AF 15 which is kind of like using a bazooka instead of a knife but not everyone has a book that will hit all collectors.

Good summary.

I also think it comes down to these comics are a business for a lot of the people on the boards. I do not see any of the big "dealers" offering up books because these books are not a cool thing to collect but a way to pay the bills. Disregarding the full time dealers - how many people on the boards and in this thread consider the selling of books their part time job. I can see why these people are hesitant to give away their merchandise to someone else as a gesture of good will. That's leaves the true collectors that would be happy to give someone a cool book to get a book they have been looking for but it appears based on the last couple month they are hesitant to give away one of their prized books in a humanitarian gesture. And if they did it one month then it appears they probably won't again any time soon. I offer simple observations and thoughts - no solutions.

There was also alot of butthurt a while back as well......I am sure it scared off a ton of people. There are some people who don't know when to just let things play out. They always think they need to comment...... :tonofbricks:

My butt still hurts...

Wait, this is the "what would you do for and AF15" thread right...

Man.... I should have asked for the book first... :facepalm:

plenty of people offered books freely during the grading contest.

I also think the 'vocal' comment made earlier is bull. There was more activity during that period.

I'm sure that the reason more people don't participate is because of more obvious reasons people care not to admit.

plenty of people offered books freely during the grading contest.

I also think the 'vocal' comment made earlier is bull. There was more activity during that period.

I'm sure that the reason more people don't participate is because of more obvious reasons people care not to admit.

+1

The obvious reason being that this many pages in, no one has posted anything REALLLLLY good.

Not a single young bloods in sight.

say what you want about this guy, but he made things happen. People now sit on the same offer for days, add to it instead of changing it. If people really wanted this thread to succeed they would make a greater effort when they are in the "hot seat"

How much effort is really put out there?

jiminy-cricket-0611-mdn_zps02e646a6.jpg

My "obvious reasons" (how can they be so obvious if they are another person's reasons is beyond me ;) ) have been clearly stated many times.

There are surely a combination of factors, and Jiminy Cricket could only bring annoyance, if he continues the way he behaved so far.

I'm ready Swick

short-handle-axe_zpsf5672c44.jpg

Is that axe NM? If so, :takeit:

I count 8 ticks on the handle and blade so its a NM- at best.

Sorry bro, gonna have to pass on that one...

I'm gonna hold out for something better!

Edited by Gunnz