• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Well, sorry for stalling out the thread guys.

I had a busy week and I just did not have the time to keep throwing more and more things up to see what would stick.

As nothing of mine was claimed, I obviously do not expect to receive what I claimed.

So, whatever happens, happens. If strike it is, then strike it is. Hope someone can get it back on track.

:foryou:

No problem bud, it happens. Not the end of the world.

And you still receive what you claimed - this is NOT PIF. It's in the rules that if a Veto was not used, the offeror must still ship their offering to the claimed.

I just opened up a box that I got from horsehater via the PIF thread and he went above and beyond. All around a very generous batch of stuff that even included a hand drawn fairy for my daughter.

To say an extra thanks to him I'll post these books as an offer. I just finished the set and I really enjoyed them - well written with good art. All three books are hardback books and encompass about 36 issues of these series.

a6a9abf3-1240-4c9c-9eb6-8a0cb4d6fcc5_zps825a5117.jpg

Is this a RAK? (shrug)

I just opened up a box that I got from horsehater via the PIF thread and he went above and beyond. All around a very generous batch of stuff that even included a hand drawn fairy for my daughter.

To say an extra thanks to him I'll post these books as an offer. I just finished the set and I really enjoyed them - well written with good art. All three books are hardback books and encompass about 36 issues of these series.

a6a9abf3-1240-4c9c-9eb6-8a0cb4d6fcc5_zps825a5117.jpg

Is this a RAK? (shrug)

It's an offer.

If I'm reading rule 11 correctly then one of us has to post up an offer to get things back on track.

Edited by 1Cool

Question, do we hafta wait three days for no one to take that current "jumpstart offer" in order for someone else to post another attempt at a jumpstart offer or can multiple offers be posted by various boardies until something is picked up?

:shrug:

Question, do we hafta wait three days for no one to take that current "jumpstart offer" in order for someone else to post another attempt at a jumpstart offer or can multiple offers be posted by various boardies until something is picked up?

Why not? I think anyone can offer up something to jump start it. No one is really on "the hot seat" right now. Go for it. (thumbs u

Tyler’s offer is a good example that a valid offer can still go unclaimed, and yes, it underlines the differences between the threads, but I do think they both can work.

Maybe the offer was just too varied: many single books were very cool, but one who was interested in – say – Silver Surfer #2, might not have been interested in the modern books, and already have the Alpha Flight and so on…

The Giving Thread requires a more focused re-tooling of the offers, but I still think even a very good offer can risk a strike if it is much varied, simply because the potential takers may already have a few of the books and not interested in others. Not sure there are general tips to prevent this from happening… hm

:popcorn:

Why not? I think anyone can offer up something to jump start it. No one is really on "the hot seat" right now. Go for it. (thumbs u

So are we going with this one offer or multiple to see what sticks? (shrug)

Free shipping in the lower 48 Anywhere else please PM me and will discuss it.

Alright here is a few options choose one

Option 1

TMNT #32

signed and sketched by Steve Lavigne 1/1000

11qsku1.jpg

Option 2

SIlver and Bronze age Batman

34rsh2b.jpg

Option 3

Wolverine

118p05s.jpg

oghp4x.jpg

Lets see if we can get this back on track :)