• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
6 6

7,208 posts in this topic

Ok, free shipping in the US for both options. Sorry international folks...but Option A is gigantic and I can't imagine what it would cost to sent abroad, and Option B is ticking... So I'd prefer to avoid starting an international incident. :D

Option A - 4'x6' Double-Sided Spider-Man Movie Outdoor poster (2002)

These posters hung at bus stops and I got this one from the Boston area. Actually a friend snagged it for me. It's huge, but it's gorgeous. Shiny and beautiful. If you've got a man cave? This thing would be awesome.

imagejpg3.jpg

Option B - Limited Edition (5,000) Spider-Man watch from 1993 with COA

This watch is in perfect shape, not sure it was ever worn. Comes in its original box and with COA. When I pulled it out it obviously wasn't running, so I took it to a jeweler and had a new battery installed and now it's running great. Based on a Mark Bagley design.

e85eaec8-35d6-41ac-8d20-b493df4a8b5a.jpg

I think those are both pretty cool options, but if they're not grabbed I'll obviously look to add some more traditional options too. Just thought maybe something different might spark some interest!

I could have sworn I saw these offered before, must be having a little deja vu !!

PIF?

Ok, free shipping in the US for both options. Sorry international folks...but Option A is gigantic and I can't imagine what it would cost to sent abroad, and Option B is ticking... So I'd prefer to avoid starting an international incident. :D

These posters hung at bus stops and I got this one from the Boston area. Actually a friend snagged it for me. It's huge, but it's gorgeous. Shiny and beautiful. If you've got a man cave? This thing would be awesome.

imagejpg3.jpg

This watch is in perfect shape, not sure it was ever worn. Comes in its original box and with COA. When I pulled it out it obviously wasn't running, so I took it to a jeweler and had a new battery installed and now it's running great. Based on a Mark Bagley design.

I think those are both pretty cool options, but if they're not grabbed I'll obviously look to add some more traditional options too. Just thought maybe something different might spark some interest!

I could have sworn I saw these offered before, must be having a little deja vu !!

PIF?

I think this was a short-lived offer on here that he took down because he wasn't sure people would be interested. I don't think it has been in PIF. At least not that I can remember. :shrug:

Yeah it was the short lived offer I wasn't sure people would be interested in...but since that time I've heard that people seem to really like them so I thought I'd finally jump in.

Both items are really cool and I'd love to see the right person be thrilled to grab one.

So hopefully one of the "cool item" message results in an "I'll take it" at some point!

Yeah it was the short lived offer I wasn't sure people would be interested in...but since that time I've heard that people seem to really like them so I thought I'd finally jump in.

Both items are really cool and I'd love to see the right person be thrilled to grab one.

So hopefully one of the "cool item" message results in an "I'll take it" at some point!

Good luck man!

Welcome to the pressure cooker...Believe me, I know... :sorry:

To prevent scurvy, I've now added option C :)

imagejpg3.jpg

Option C - Batman Bronze Age lot

Includes the books pictured - 263, 265,268,277,278,280,293,322 and 324.

Let me know if people want to see scans, happy to add them.

c72276ba6c8a504a18257818efe55726.jpg

Hope I did this right...when you add an option you edit the original post so the link doesn't have to change, right? Anyway...added an Option C...a lot of Bronze Bat-books.

Right, if you edited the original post, the initial post links to that. (thumbs u

There is also to say someone has both to be interested in the offers, and have something to offer, and in the recent offers I wasn’t either particularly interested in the books (or had them) and did not have much which might fit to offer in return. :)

Right, if you edited the original post, the initial post links to that. (thumbs u

There is also to say someone has both to be interested in the offers, and have something to offer, and in the recent offers I wasn’t either particularly interested in the books (or had them) and did not have much which might fit to offer in return. :)

Ya, I'd like the spidey watch, but I'm on the 1 month lock-out. Even if it makes the 48 hours where I could jump in, given how difficult it was for me to move my last (and first) offer I just don't think I have anything worthwhile to participate with.

Couple things to think about. There was 42 offers accepted during the month of July compared with 13 so far in August. Almost all of the people who made and accepted an offer in July are now elgible to accept an offer in August but have elected not to for various reasons. Maybe 20 offers or so in a month is more reasonable compared to 42?

Maybe the Giving Tree has developed into the Random Acts of Kindness thread which is not a bad thing in my mind. Unfortunately I've seen several nice RAKs come and go because no one felt comfortable enough to take them. What does all this mean - probably nothing.

Edited by 1Cool

There could be various examples, but I think the main reason is not seeing something enough of interest for you.

And one must have a bit of variety for the offers, while keeping them interesting.

Having little to give (of interest, I mean) right now, I was just waiting for a right offer.

As far as the RAKs, I would have stuff to gift, but generally speaking I can’t cover free postage costs from here… :sick:

I agree with the sentiment of not seeing the right thing. I have no numbers to supprt this, but I would say that the modern offers probably sit longer as most people are interested in the older stuff. Personally speaking, if I see a modern offer, high probability I have zero interest in it

I also agree with the "right thing" ideology. I'm not going to take something for the sake of taking something. Also, there is a bit of pressure and a level of expectation when posting an offer. It can be a deterrent.

I agree with the sentiment of not seeing the right thing. I have no numbers to supprt this, but I would say that the modern offers probably sit longer as most people are interested in the older stuff. Personally speaking, if I see a modern offer, high probability I have zero interest in it

Obviously there are exceptions. If I had not a New Mutants #98, and one offered a copy, I might have grabbed it to complete my collection as I would have not been willing to spend money on a NM#98 for myself. Same for other Copper keys, which luckily I have in 99% of cases as I bought them back then.

Modern Marvel books: out of curiosity I could pick some here and there to see what they choose to do during the last years, books which I would not buy, but this would be bound to happen in PIF.

As far as high grade CGC books collecting, I am never interested, and I would not pay much for a modern anyway, even if it is sought after. But there might be modern collectors willing to part with SA or BA books for the right moderns, so it depends on many factors… :)

I also agree with the "right thing" ideology. I'm not going to take something for the sake of taking something. Also, there is a bit of pressure and a level of expectation when posting an offer. It can be a deterrent.

I think this mostly originated from the quarrels, not from the thread itself.

When I posted my first offer I did not feel pressure at all, but some reactions may have left a sense of uneasiness, even if in some cases they might have been legitimate observations.

I'd think there just needs to be one piece of OA or a high priced slab and the larger offers will come storming in. I do not see a large difference between the offers being thrown around in the PIF thread and the one currently being offered in this thread. The PIF seems to have less stress involved with getting nice counter offers accepted so I've been staying over there of late.