• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

~~THE~~GIVING~~TREE~~
5 5

7,208 posts in this topic

Making exceptions for mystery boxes will lead to butthurt and arguments down the road. You know I'm right.

The $150 certificate sounds like a great offer (providing the offerer isn't selling Youngbloods and Ninjaks for $150 lol)

At least with the $150 as a mark, the next offerer knows how much to recipricate.

good points but I'll let the fire marshall Swick chime in

He already did: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7840754#Post7840754

:)

The maker of rules can temporarily suspend or alter the rules… (shrug)

Just look at what happens when you have miracles. ;)

I was going to reply, but I'm just going to ignore those that are really here solely to 1zykoi9.gif and hope for a train wreck. They're not here to genuinely participate so I urge others that really do want to participate to do the same.

In other words - :troll:

I just have to say this ... and I'm directing this to Justin (Harvey)...

I think you are on to something here... and its good ;)

Kudos for making this work buddy :golfclap:

xxx ooo

Rupp

I don't see why a trusted member of the community can't offer up a Mystery Box.

I've dealt with Jason on multiple occasions and he's one of the best people we have in this community.

Peace,

Chip

Chip, it's somewhere back in the discussion either yesterday or the day before. I'm sorry, but I can't dig for it. Essentially, I want to minimize any potential for butthurt. Not EVERYONE is as honest and generous as Jason. In my offering - the very first offering of the thread I offered a mystery box. :facepalm: so it was obviously something I realized after the thread had started. I'm just trying to make the thread as transparent as possibly and prevent people from hiding drek in a "mystery box". (thumbs u

I think Comicalgems is one of the most generous boardies I have ever met, and I trust Justin a lot, but making exceptions to the rules is and will be a very slippery slope.

Hmm what about a gift certificate that is for one free item from my thread not to exceed $150?

Higher ups then me will have to figure than one out. Just being the rules shouter today.

be quiet n00b

I've been around since 06 Brotha! I'm OG compared to you :flamed:

:news::news::news::news::news::news:

Jason, do me a favor.

Rules are rules. Just please list what books you'll include in this offer tonight.

People are right. I can't start to "make exceptions" or create loop holes for offers. I know your current offer was ASM #312, but can you formally list what the other books are later tonight.

You have plenty of time. Your offer will be taken as soon as you list it anyway.

:foryou:

Here is an idea that came to me last night:

I know how it is to be young and not having the funds to pick up the books you would love to add to your collection. If you are under 25 and don't feel like you have the books necessary to contribute to the thread - please PM me and I'll match your books so you can get some stuff. Please PM me before grabbing some books so we can work out the details! I may be only able to help out one or two people but I'd love to help get some cool books into some younger board members hands.

age discrimination! Not cool bro! j/k

Very nice of you!!!

I may need to raise the age to 30 since I don't think may 20 year olds are on the boards but we will see how it goes.

:acclaim:

Is it just me or has the Sales Thread been really slow since this thread started up? I think everyone is hanging out here thinking about what they want to post up next.

This thread is exciting, not necessarily only in a good way: it gives you a sense of "magic" but at the same time drains your energies… lol

P.S. Where is Kav? Does he post during the evening only?

If so, I will more than often miss him… :(

:takeit:

I will take the ASM lot, just back out of a meeting and I thought for sure someone would have taken it even though its only showing #312........I trust whatever else will be in there will be to my pleasure.

Is this good now or???

I will take the ASM lot, just back out of a meeting and I thought for sure someone would have taken it even though its only showing #312........I trust whatever else will be in there will be to my pleasure.

Is this good now or???

The problem lies in what to base your offer from. Just ASM 312? Not saying you would game the system, but others would. How could anyone technically veto an offer where someone took a $20 item and the rest was unknown, for example?

Slippery slope, as many have mentioned. I believe the best course, in fairness to everyone, is to wait for the current offerer to make his complete offer transparent for all.

Is this good now or???

The problem lies in what to base your offer from. Just ASM 312? Not saying you would game the system, but others would. How could anyone technically veto an offer where someone took a $20 item and the rest was unknown, for example?

Slippery slope, as many have mentioned. I believe the best course, in fairness to everyone, is to wait for the current offerer to make his complete offer transparent for all.

+1

Nobody can claim it until after he formally puts up his offer.

No mystery boxes. Harvey has spoken.

Again, this is why it's good to have someone in charge so we don't get 20 pages of people debating it going in circles or stirring the pot.

Jason, do me a favor.

Rules are rules. Just please list what books you'll include in this offer tonight.

People are right. I can't start to "make exceptions" or create loop holes for offers. I know your current offer was ASM #312, but can you formally list what the other books are later tonight.

You have plenty of time. Your offer will be taken as soon as you list it anyway.

:foryou:

No slippery slope, I think it’s better not to make confusion where there is none, now.

Harvey has requested Jason to post a general list/pictures of the contents of his offer when he gets back home, all it takes for WebSlinger is to wait for the list and we are all good. (thumbs u

Is this good now or???

Well I took his first offering not knowing anything. This is :takeit: #2. This is about giving, to me anyways. I'm a spiderman fan obviously and I've seen many of his sales thread to know he is honest.

As for what will be given up, I will do my best. I have sent many people free books all the time....I believe in karma brother..... I am sure many here can tell you.......but, I couldn't post ,my offering till igot home tonight around 10, but these would be 2 of the items and I will dig up more tonight..........

5a016c11775e994a684b93e8b0bb67a9_zps3caff479.jpg

0fd34ca2b2995bb2d261268a851af6e7_zps891ec60a.jpg