• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: HERO FOR HIRE #1

17 posts in this topic

The really sad thing is the water stain on the lower back right cover...Interested to see what folks think where CGC would peg this book b/c of the stain...No interior problems.

FRONT

HOH1_zps4509b420.png

BACK :cry: stain - does not continue through to interior pages, just cover

HOH1B_zpsf8df3fc5.png

I was giving this a 6.0 excluding the stain. I don't have enough experience seeing how CGC treats staining to make an informed guess. (shrug)

CGC treats stains the way Hulk treats...well anything when he's mad! :o

Edit: Usually... not always, but usually! Depends on the grade of the book. The higher the grade it seems the harder they hit!

5.0 I don't think CGC really hits the grade all that hard for that kind of stain in the lower grades. Probably a 6.0 without it.

Agreed. However, the book looks trimmed to me. :( Also, this issue has a history of CT because of the black cover, and its "out of the gates" popularity.

Although, not significantly greater than Conan the Barbarian #1 (28/663 to 73/1995 in Census) - 4.22% to 3.66%.

No less than a VG+, maybe VGF – a pity for that stain but at least it’s not so large and on back cover. Great copy, presens very nicely. :)

It’s not even remotely trimmed: just your average Marvel funky miscut and some fanning (is that called "fanning", right?).

5.0 I don't think CGC really hits the grade all that hard for that kind of stain in the lower grades. Probably a 6.0 without it.

Agreed. However, the book looks trimmed to me. :( Also, this issue has a history of CT because of the black cover, and its "out of the gates" popularity.

Although, not significantly greater than Conan the Barbarian #1 (28/663 to 73/1995 in Census) - 4.22% to 3.66%.

I highly doubt the book was trimmed. I got it out of an OO collection that sat in a box for at least 30 years which is probably where the water stain came from.

I highly doubt the book was trimmed. I got it out of an OO collection that sat in a box for at least 30 years which is probably where the water stain came from.

:cool: Nothing like provenance. (thumbs u