• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with comic supplies (no pun intended)

83 posts in this topic

Thought about posting this in the Chrom thread - however that has degenerated into a Webster's dictionary summit gone wrong.

doesn't that always usually happens anyway? foreheadslap.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifscrewy.gifChristo_pull_hair.gif the only person to benefit form it going off-topic is C_S. insane.gifshy.gif

...along with MK and FFB. 893censored-thumb.gif

Sorry guys, what did I miss? I was busy reading Herr Hypocri... er... Deathlok's hijacking of Ian's thread about completed DC collections.

I would have thought you were busy paying off ComicSupply's debts and supporting his general maleficence. poke2.gif

sleeping.gif

Skillful comeback, counselor. thumbsup2.gif

I believe in devoting an amount of attention to the target of the flame war in direct proportion to his intelligence. So maybe I should have only given you one "z" instead of three? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that was skillful as I can only muster a sleeping.gif

Mylites2

E Gerber

725M2 7 1/4 x 10 3/4 Standard Comics - 1970's-90's 50 ($11.00) 200 ($37.00) 1000 ($160.00 ) + shipping

Comicsupply

100 ($19.99) 200 ($37.98) 100 ($169.99) + shipping

Bagsunlimited

50 ($13.55 ) 100 ($23.45) 300 ($63.95) 1000 ($192.85 ) price includes shipping to a US address

Mylites2

E Gerber

725M2 7 1/4 x 10 3/4 Standard Comics - 1970's-90's 50 ($11.00) 200 ($37.00) 1000 ($160.00 ) + shipping

Comicsupply

Bagsunlimited

50 ($13.55 ) 100 ($23.45) 300 ($63.95) 1000 ($192.85 ) price includes shipping to a US address

You are making the assumption that you will actually recieve the supplies in a timely manner. ComicSupply cannot do this.

Mylites2

E Gerber

Comicsupply

Bagsunlimited

You are making the assumption that you will actually recieve the supplies in a timely manner. ComicSupply cannot do this.

E.Gerber shipped same day and I had my order the next day! shipping from Md to Md.

I knew about E. Gerber, but I was wondering about other services that forum members have mail ordered from with good results.

I would actually recommend ComicSupply.com. I just ordered some stuff from there, and it was much cheaper than the prices quoted by E. Gerber. thumbsup2.gif

Are you actually being serious here?

Maybe I didn't read all the posts here. I thought he was asking for comic book supplies, e.g. mylars, boards, etc.

I just purchased some Mylites2, fullbacks, and microchamber paper, for a grand total of $56 with shipping. I was gonna have to pay a lot more from E. Gerber.

Mylites2

E Gerber

Comicsupply

Bagsunlimited

E.Gerber shipped same day and I had my order the next day! shipping from Md to Md.

Yep, looks like E Gerber would win that price comparison unless they are really, really overboard on shipping costs.

I just received an E. Gerber order today for a zillion HB boards. SPEEDY shipping. Knew in advance when the package shipped and what day it would arrive. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

Speaking of those HBs, they have the 3% buffer, maintain 8.0 alkalinity, yadda yadda yadda.

So are they then considered suitable for longterm storage with the comic in contact with the board? I've been putting comics in Mylite, then putting that inside a poly bag, and then slipping a cheap board inside the poly but outside the Mylite. I'm thinking that with the HBs I wouldn't need to be quite so paranoid... right?

Mylites2

E Gerber

Comicsupply

Bagsunlimited

Yep, looks like E Gerber would win that price comparison unless they are really, really overboard on shipping costs.

I just received an E. Gerber order today for a zillion HB boards. SPEEDY shipping. Knew in advance when the package shipped and what day it would arrive. thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

They do charge a lot for shipping.

It helps if you actually read the post you are replying to.

Mylites2

E Gerber

Comicsupply

Bagsunlimited

They do charge a lot for shipping.

The invoice I received showed a lower price than the shipping quoted to me when I ordered. Wonder why they do that? Anyway, that's a happy turn of events, so I've got that going for me...

too expensive. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Actually, compared to others I've reviewed, they are very cost competitive (I looked at bcemylar and Jef Hinds). Where are you getting yours then?

BTW, as mentioned already (doing my part on being dubious)--price is only one part of the equation. Quality and Service are other areas that should be weighed.

I was endorsing the fact that E. Gerber COULD ship promptly. I thought you had bashed comicsupply nicely and didn't require any more help from me. You seem so touchy I'm thinking about starting to collect every DC ever published and started 2 or 3 posts per day about how close I am. poke2.gif I could even pm you my progress poke2.gif

So are they then considered suitable for longterm storage with the comic in contact with the board? I've been putting comics in Mylite, then putting that inside a poly bag, and then slipping a cheap board inside the poly but outside the Mylite. I'm thinking that with the HBs I wouldn't need to be quite so paranoid... right?

Right.

Right.

No, you say it like this...

dr.evil.jpg

Rrrrriiiiggghhhhtttt...

I was endorsing the fact that E. Gerber COULD ship promptly. I thought you had bashed comicsupply nicely and didn't require any more help from me. You seem so touchy I'm thinking about starting to collect every DC ever published and started 2 or 3 posts per day about how close I am. poke2.gif I could even pm you my progress poke2.gif

I look forward to hearing you progress. thumbsup2.gif

too expensive. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Actually, compared to others I've reviewed, they are very cost competitive (I looked at bcemylar and Jef Hinds). Where are you getting yours then?

BTW, as mentioned already (doing my part on being dubious)--price is only one part of the equation. Quality and Service are other areas that should be weighed.

I bought from E. Gerber once and found the experience kinda annoying. The website is not very helpful and they don't have online ordering.

So then I contacted my LCS and asked if they could order Fullbacks and Mylite2's for me and what would be the cost. They said they could order them for me, and they were about $15 cheaper for 100 Fullbacks/Mylite2s. The only problem is that my LCS told me a couple times that the Fullbacks were back-ordered, which means they took an extra week.

I was considering using ComicSupply, but after hearing how they don't ship supplies and refuse to refund, I chose not to.

I bought from E. Gerber once and found the experience kinda annoying. The website is not very helpful and they don't have online ordering.

All you have to do is email them. gossip.gif

Which is great if you don't have questions, or want to pay by check or money order. foreheadslap.gif

All you have to do is email them. gossip.gif

Which is great if you don't have questions, or want to pay by check or money order. foreheadslap.gif

You can type questions in an email, and they are very quick to respond. They will accept cc payments also.

I haven't ordered from egerber before. I just want some standard 4mil sleeves, which I think they call "Archives L". The description is confusing...it says "these have two sides open and two sides sealed." Is this a normal 4mil sleeve with just the top open, or is there actually a second side open?