• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM FF52 - Black Panther!

15 posts in this topic

I love this book and that is one tough, black cover. It looks like youve got a little, minor spine roll and a few horizontal creases below the title, although that maybe, just might be a printing defect. I think as is it's about 5.5 and a good press might get you to 6.0, with an outside shot at 6.5.

I love this book and that is one tough, black cover. It looks like youve got a little, minor spine roll and a few horizontal creases below the title, although that maybe, just might be a printing defect. I think as is it's about 5.5 and a good press might get you to 6.0, with an outside shot at 6.5.

Thanks for weighing in, especially considering my scanner kinda stinks lol

Yeah I love this book, gearing up to sell it unfortunately. And youre right, the black cover makes things really tough.

6.0 Looks like the book was sold in a military base,with the exchange stamp.

I wondered about that, I've seen similar stamps on other books before. Pretty cool, thanks Oak!

If it is a legitimate stamp from the military exchange...how many out there like this?...Is there a military insert inside...6.5...pressed 7.5. Could be a nice find if military related and the stamp is validated for that time period... a lot of old military veterans collect comics related to military service and pay good money...contact Heritage comics to see if they can assist in validating the stamp.

If it is a legitimate stamp from the military exchange...how many out there like this?...Is there a military insert inside...6.5...pressed 7.5. Could be a nice find if military related and the stamp is validated for that time period... a lot of old military veterans collect comics related to military service and pay good money...contact Heritage comics to see if they can assist in validating the stamp.

Thanks for the insight, I guess I'll have to look into that. I have lots of books with stamps, and I guess I've never really sensed a demand for a specific type through my experiences selling. Could be worth a deeper look I guess.

Yeah, I found a long box with Sgt. Fury #1-167 at an estate sale (That's another story). Anyway, The first five comics were not in good shape then they got better about 7.5 to 8.0 and some better. I parted them out in lots and did reasonably well. When I got to 110-125 (the books were not in good condition) probably 4.0 to 5.0 and stated that when I placed them on eBay. I noticed that they had a stamp like a star (I don't remember the color, I think red or green). I started the bidding at .99 cents for five books as a set and provided pictures and informed that the books were in poor condition. So basically 3 sets...110-114, 115-120, 121-125. I went out of town on a short weekend trip Friday-Sunday. I checked my Ebay account as I was leaving the hotel on Sunday. There were about 5 to 6 people bidding for each set...and each set was over $200.00-300.00 each set...I was astonished by the amounts. After I sent them out, I got good reviews by the buyer (main). So, I am thinking its some underground thing by military veterans. It might be a wager or something related to those stamps...Maybe those old GI's can trace the pedigree...if it is military related...not sure. But those stamps could be a story...Also, I think the books had the Mark Jeweler inserts but I didn't advertise they had them since I only posted front cover and back covers pics...but they knew..