• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tHE HUMANS- Keenan Marshall Keller and Tom Neely

225 posts in this topic

I got a package yesterday.

First I purchased the 7 inch with a copy of the book, then I went back and made another order for a couple extra of just the books.

Got the package with just the book order, havent recieved the 7 inch with book yet.

Humans #0 is going to a second print!

Not exactly....they decided to double the print run...the next printing will be indistinguishable from the 'first prints'....I pray they don't alter the deal further

I saw that and am hoping to get a clearer picture on that from the creators. I'm not hip to that occurring on other books myself. Anyone else know of a similar circumstance and know how it played out? As of right now you are correct, they doubled it from 1500 to 3000 printed. Still a very nice low number, even with a * next to it. lol

Humans #0 is going to a second print!

Not exactly....they decided to double the print run...the next printing will be indistinguishable from the 'first prints'....I pray they don't alter the deal further

:( ... is this common to double the run rather to just do a true second printing?

Actually I understood they doubled the print run from 3000 to 6000...

The way the self printing market works is that you pay the most for the 1st thousand, then the next thousand is just a couple of hundred more...I doubt that they did a print run of 1500...

what worries me is two things...1) nothings stopping them from printing more and more and more....cept that they might get stuck with all those issues and you know how understand wives are with sharing their closet spaces....

2) the issues are mostly in the hands of us speculators....gonna need another noah for this b.....

Actually I understood they doubled the print run from 3000 to 6000...

The way the self printing market works is that you pay the most for the 1st thousand, then the next thousand is just a couple of hundred more...I doubt that they did a print run of 1500...

what worries me is two things...1) nothings stopping them from printing more and more and more....cept that they might get stuck with all those issues and you know how understand wives are with sharing their closet spaces....

2) the issues are mostly in the hands of us speculators....gonna need another noah for this b.....

According to the blog on their website:

Since our pre-order of Humans #0 went so well, we doubled our first print-run to 3,000 copies and will have more in stock in a couple of weeks. Books will be shipped out this week for those that placed your orders early. The rest will take top priority and will be shipped as soon as they arrive from the printer.

I have some experience with actual printing on a large scale and most likely there will be something that distinguishes the two print runs, like a slight color variation on the cover. So at the end of the day we'll be talking about 1st print with blue vs 1st print with slightly lighter blue lol.

I don't think it even has to be intentional, there's just very little chance that the printer will be able to set everything up again the exact way they did for the first run.

Like TMNT.

I was looking at that thread the other day and they were talking about how to spot the different printings

Not to start a whole rant here but...

If collectors would have known in advance that this would be an UNLIMITED print run

chances are they would still have PLENTY stock from their initial run

I respect the creators wish to "not support" variants/2nd prints etc.. But there will definitely be a recourse based on collectors knowing this now..

Not to start a whole rant here but...

If collectors would have known in advance that this would be an UNLIMITED print run

chances are they would still have PLENTY stock from their initial run

I respect the creators wish to "not support" variants/2nd prints etc.. But there will definitely be a recourse based on collectors knowing this now..

Rumor is they went back to press on "first printings"

( if it's true, eff these guys )

I chatted with publishers about this at Boston Comicon.

( the act of reprinting without indicating a later print)

The consensus was that it was "unethical", not "illegal"

*shudder*