• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Falcon rape case, Captain America #22 and #FireRickRemender.

49 posts in this topic

This is ugly. I guess I missed the math.

Why Marvel needs to fire Rick Remender

http://www.examiner.com/article/why-marvel-needs-to-fire-rick-remender

Really upset, actually, because I should not have to defend #SamWilson to anyone, let alone the people writing him. #firerickremender - abby

Whether you think Falcon's decisions were poor or not, falsely crying "statutory rape" is insulting to genuine victims. #FireRickRemender. - Mark Waid

Real nice how a hero with a background as a social worker is now a statutory rapist. Real nice. #FIRERICKREMENDER - ZQ

#firerickremender because violently killing women and turning one of the kindest men in Marvel into a rapist is no way to run a comic - Rachel Moore

BC take on it w many comic scans

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/05/firewilliamshakespeare/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Here is a good article with photos on the subject

http://moneystcroix.tumblr.com/post/90703508863/re-rick-remender-alleged-statutory-rape-and-jet

Here's an article where everyone realizes they were wrong and apologizes because people love to stir the pot without even knowing what the pot is.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/falcon-jet-scene-in-captain-america-22-sparks-calls-for-remenders-firing/

They should apologize. This is the out of thin air BS that could have impacted Remender in a negative way for...well, forever. I get tired of people looking for trouble in everything while completely ignoring the obvious.... :facepalm:

This is a MONSTER speculative book regardless.

Major KEY.

1st Old Man Rogers leading into the 1st "_____" "_____" Captain America.

A big deal.

The internet is loaded with far too many "look at me, look at me" bloggers looking to start trouble...

#nationofpussies

Here's an article where everyone realizes they were wrong and apologizes because people love to stir the pot without even knowing what the pot is.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2014/07/falcon-jet-scene-in-captain-america-22-sparks-calls-for-remenders-firing/

Ah, the famous loophole to show sex with minors, made famous by anime and manga, where the schoolgirl who looks ten is actually an under developed adult with severe learning disabilities who dresses as a child. In this case it's "Oh no, I was born in 2004, but I'm totally legal on some other planet"

Ah, the famous loophole to show sex with minors, made famous by anime and manga, where the schoolgirl who looks ten is actually an under developed adult with severe learning disabilities who dresses as a child. In this case it's "Oh no, I was born in 2004, but I'm totally legal on some other planet"

If you actually read the comics & believe that.

You're insane.

#nastionofpussies

#nastionofpussies

lol

funny hashtag, but its not the nation. just the media, the big cities, and the academics. PC-ness is the undoing of the culture. It's fine for people to dislike something, if his run on the book is doing things people dont like (and i am not in anyway promoting the events, i cancelled it after about six issues because of boring-ness), then dont buy it (my Astonishing X-Men sub is long cancelled). But trying to get someone fired for something far from certain or advocated....

I hate when things always end up turning around to trying to squelch free-speech. Grant Morrison wrecked dozens of characters but I never asked for him to be fired, if Sam Wilson needs ret-conning in the future, I am sure he will get it. Vote with sub cancellations, not online petitions.

It's a funny thing when the media (or wannabe media types) take things like this and run with them. Railing against individuals and their reputations in a one-sided brawl with only a fraction of the information.

They fail to check the archives to find Arisia aging herself to be with Hal Jordan (gross). "Alternate dimension, time moves faster" is comic trade, however lame it may be

Where did this story originate? Must admit I was surprised to hear the claims being made; clearly made by someone who hasn't been reading the book. Glad to see the same bloggers and journos apologising after having the facts of the story explained to them.

On another note, I'm intrigued by this though...

Major KEY.

A big deal.

What am I missing?

How has Remender's run on Cap been? I was sort of intrigued by the story there… Outside of this whole non-issue.

The Falcon stat rape case reminds me off all the people who claimed Chameleon raped Peter's roommate and then later claimed Ock raped MJ if he slept with her in Peter's body. It was just nonsense and annoying. People were so caught up in it though and arguing so passionately no one was able to discuss the actually issue outside the "rape" incident.

Where did this story originate? Must admit I was surprised to hear the claims being made; clearly made by someone who hasn't been reading the book. Glad to see the same bloggers and journos apologising after having the facts of the story explained to them.

On another note, I'm intrigued by this though...

Major KEY.

A big deal.

What am I missing?

Probably the "_____" "_____"

I cancelled the series a while back, so i dont know whats going on in it. But, if its all about Sam Wilson, is it African American Captain America you are implying??

As i said, I have no idea, as i havent read it since around issue 6.

I cancelled the series a while back, so i dont know whats going on in it. But, if its all about Sam Wilson, is it African American Captain America you are implying??

If it is an African American Captain America, this won't be the first. So, what is the big deal again? (shrug)

If it is an African American Captain America, this won't be the first. So, what is the big deal again? (shrug)

1st in the 8th reboot and it falls on a Wednesday.