• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Travels of Kraven the Hunter
6 6

1,586 posts in this topic

So you gave him away and now are taking him back? hm

So much for the fun community thread. :banana:

Yes, because the thread has really been thrilling the last few months. :eyeroll: Not that I need to explain it to you, but Kraven was always going to come back to me when the thread died. Sorry that I wasn't being a good community member. The board members here are truly lucky to have you willing (always willing actually) to point things like that out to them.

It seemed pretty much dead but if you guys want to continue it I will do a post showing his progress in the book so far, and restart the list with anyone already on it able to keep their spot only if they want to.

You're not a bad community member at all. I think he was kidding around. I hope he was kidding around.

It's a shame that not everyone could keep Kraven moving along like he was supposed to but, at this point I agree the best thing to do is to get him home. Maybe he can renew his travels at a later date when the funk of his incarceration is off of him.

I don't think he was kidding :gossip:

I thought it was lame to unilaterally decide :news: thread is closed. Apologies to those of you who had been patiently waiting in line to get Kraven. Thanks for playing.

It is what it is. (shrug)

like when you ended the giving tree thread?

Good to see you're done with your General Discussion apology tour and back to classic Swick form. (thumbs u

I thought it was lame to unilaterally decide :news: thread is closed. Apologies to those of you who had been patiently waiting in line to get Kraven. Thanks for playing.

At the rate it was going they would still be patiently waiting until sometime in 2017. Like you said, it is what it is. We are lucky to have you around to point these missteps out to us. And as I said, anyone on the list that still wants him will get him, but I would like to post the pages of the sketch book of his travels so far first and verify who still wants him. Perhaps that will stimulate it a little and if not at least people finally got to see the cool stuff put in there so far.

Good to see you're done with your General Discussion apology tour and back to classic Swick form. (thumbs u

I never closed The Giving Tree? ??? In fact, it's still there. I just said I no longer wanted to moderate it or update the list. I asked if anyone wanted to step up and take the reigns. Crickets.

There was an apology tour??? :o:o Dang, I was on vacation and must have missed it. :sorry:

There was an apology tour??? :o:o Dang, I was on vacation and must have missed it. :sorry:

Oh you guys.

tumblr_m4xzwvFztU1r334wco1_250.gif

I know I'm not on the list but if Kraven could make his way to me by October I'll be taking the family to Florida and Universal Studios. Maybe he would like a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Hog's Head for a little Fire Whisky. (shrug)

I know I'm not on the list but if Kraven could make his way to me by October I'll be taking the family to Florida and Universal Studios. Maybe he would like a trip to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and the Hog's Head for a little Fire Whisky. (shrug)

I bet that would create some great photos! :applause:

:applause: Way to go Azkaban

You have a very, very bizarre moral compass.

Publicly announce you have no problem stealing, as long as it's from a "big corporation" and you're "just exploiting a loophole"...

vs.

Publicly express complaint and disdain for someone because of a situation that essentially wound down to its conclusion, with details that are unknown to you between the people involved.

What "community" do you really think you're part of...? Because there are multiple communities on this board, and some of them are pretty questionable.

Who do you think you are? You've been here for all of 2.5+ years, you managed to convince someone to give you "Forumite of the Year" (a fairly dubious distinction these days) as a complete newb who had contributed very little (which has nothing to do with whatever you may be a part of outside the board), you got a thread pinned, and now you think it's your job to apologize for others, when you had nothing whatsoever to do with the situation...? And shame them for a situation you know nothing about...?

If you think it's appropriate to shame people for ending a "fun community" thread, how much more ought you be ashamed for taking a public stance in support of theft?

Really, who do you think you are...? You should probably dial it back quite a bit.

I know you'll respond with some cute meme, so feel free. The weight of the matter remains.