• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Travels of Kraven the Hunter
6 6

1,586 posts in this topic

Tell me how you really feel about me, RMA. :D

Why don't you just go back to ignoring me?

Publicly announce you have no problem stealing, as long as it's from a "big corporation" and you're "just exploiting a loophole"...

Have I ever said I steal as long as it's from a "big corporation"? Have I ever said I'm "exploiting a loophole"? You're quoting those statements so I figured I'd ask when I said that. Yes, I pay for transactions involving friends and people I trust with PayPal's "Friends and Family" option. I've said this before that I don't think I'm stealing anything as I'm giving up any sort of insurance for my money by choosing this option. What am I stealing: the intermediary transfer of my money from one account to another? PayPal charges fees for it's regular "Goods and Services" because it is offering insurance for your money. By waiving that, I'm not stealing anything. In Massachusetts, car insurance has compulsory medical expense insurance that is written into automobile policies. However, if you chose to do so, you can save a big chunk of money if you waive that insurance coverage. It's along the same lines of saving PayPal fees as you're waiving the insurance.

I know you characterize paying with PayPal Personal as stealing and feel strongly about your opinion as you tried to start a movement to bar people from being able to nominate someone from making a Probation List nomination if they paid via PayPal Personal. I don't agree with you nor do I think it is stealing. Just because you have a strong opinion of something doesn't make it fact. :sorry:

What "community" do you really think you're part of...? Because there are multiple communities on this board, and some of them are pretty questionable.

I'm part of the community here that has come together time and time again to do some of the most generous charitable things I've seen. Recently I was involved in raising over $25,000 (most of which was paid with PayPal Personal! :eek: ) to help out a member who was fighting terminal cancer. The community pulled together despite any differences to raise that money. I've seen this time and time again in my short 2.5+ years here. I haven't seen you involved in any of these charitable campaigns though. hm

I've seen this time and time again in my short 2.5+ years here. I haven't seen you involved in any of these charitable campaigns though. hm

Did you really just call someone out for not donating? Wow that is a new low. I would think being involved with those functions would entitle you to some discretion. You don't know what RMA does. For all you know, he could work in a soup kitchen every day.

I'm just amazed...

Oh you deleted your troll comment... Well here was my response anyway:

I never trolled you and simply called you out on what I thought was wrong. As soon as the parties involved asked for it to be dropped, I dropped it. I posted one funny gif afterwards because of your childish "He doesn't like me" post, but outside of that I haven't trolled you. Of course it is much easier to call me a troll than to respond with a mature response.

I was going to leave this alone too since I knew you'd cry "Troll." However, when you called people out it made me a bit worried. What people choose to donate or not donate is their private business.

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

I've seen this time and time again in my short 2.5+ years here. I haven't seen you involved in any of these charitable campaigns though. hm

Did you really just call someone out for not donating? Wow that is a new low. I would think being involved with those functions would entitle you to some discretion. You don't know what RMA does. For all you know, he could work in a soup kitchen every day.

I'm just amazed...

Yes, and that pretty well puts the icing on the cake, does it not...?

As you have rightly pointed out, Chris, appearance is the thing. People make great shows of "charity", to impress others with their "generosity", carefully making sure everyone knows exactly what they've done to "help" others.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that when you give, you shouldn't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. The point is to actually help, not make sure everyone knows it when you do, yes?

Good post.

What about the people who contributed via PM and wished to remain anonymous or just sent an anonymous donation via PayPal? ;)

You just asked what "community" do I think that I'm part of and I gave you an answer.

Do you realize how many people contributed via PM and wished to remain anonymous or just sent an anonymous donation via PayPal? ;)

You just asked what "community" do I think that I'm part of and I gave you an answer.

And that was fine until you called out others for not being in that "Community." You crossed the line then and there.

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

I'm just amazed...

Yes, and that pretty well puts the icing on the cake, does it not...?

As you have rightly pointed out, Chris, appearance is the thing. People make great shows of "charity", to impress others with their "generosity", carefully making sure everyone knows exactly what they've done to "help" others.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that when you give, you shouldn't let your left hand know what your right hand is doing. The point is to actually help, not make sure everyone knows it when you do, yes?

Good post.

Thanks! I'm not so bad although we've had our differences.

Maybe one of these days you'd take me off ignore :baiting:

Now I am really confused. Im not a good community member because I took Kraven back from a thread that was beyond dead. Yet, on the other hand, I contribute in charity threads both in public and in private. Does that mean I am sometimes a good member and other times bad? Is there like a formula to this to let me know when I am in good standing?

Now I am really confused. Im not a good community member because I took Kraven back from a thread that was beyond dead. Yet, on the other hand, I contribute in charity threads both in public and in private. Does that mean I am sometimes a good member and other times bad? Is there like a formula to this to let me know when I am in good standing?

I haven't read this whole thread,but do you guys really have to go down the rabbit hole. You guys are all great people,does there have to be mud slinging?

P.S.CAHokie you're in good standing when you are as cool as me! lol

I'm starting to think about going to the coin forum

I'll post there if you will

Just so you know... I know absolutely NOTHING about coins.

What about the people who contributed via PM and wished to remain anonymous or just sent an anonymous donation via PayPal? ;)

What about them?

If it's anonymous....then you don't know it happened, right...? And if you don't know it happened, you have no possible way of questioning anyone's "participation" in "charity" efforts, right...?

If you do know it happened...it's not anonymous.

Seems like logic a child can understand.

And...why would anyone who was genuinely concerned with helping someone else be involved with people who make a great show of how "generous" they are being? No, there are many ways to give to others that don't involved dealing with those who seek recognition for their "charity."

I mean, really, Swick. Trying to discredit someone's criticism of you by questioning their participation in "charity" events...?

I'm not sure you're brushed up on the concept of a "rhetorical question", but as I said before, telling everyone how much you "give", and making sure everyone knows how "generous" you are with your time, effort, and money, is precisely the kind of "community" that no one should want to be a part of.

I have that "wall of text" response for you, but I'll wait a bit before posting it, if at all. Outlawyering a lawyer does tend to get wordy, and your dishonesty has to be carefully addressed at all points.

I wonder how many "walls of text" you've filed before the court, hmmmm...?

hm

But, of course, we must present "walls of text" as a bad thing, a thing to be discouraged, a thing to be disdained...not a means of reaching understanding and agreement. No, if it's not pithy, it's not valid, right...?