• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL IDENTITY CRISIS ISSUE 7 SPOILER THREAD----SPOILERS---

101 posts in this topic

So who can answer this:

If Jean Loring is able to contract Calculator to kill Jack Drake with ease, how come Batman is unable to locate with the resources he has?

Who said Jean contacted him first wink.gif

I got to thinking about this also, and I have a few theories on this, First one is that Calc contacted Jean first. I'm thinking more on the lines of selling imformation to her since he spys on the League. Then from there Jean got the idea to set up Boomer/Drake.

Secound one is that Jean used Ray's technologies to get in on a phone call to the calculator.

I know it's junk but it's a thought.

So who can answer this:

If Jean Loring is able to contract Calculator to kill Jack Drake with ease, how come Batman is unable to locate with the resources he has?

Who said Jean contacted him first wink.gif

I got to thinking about this also, and I have a few theories on this, First one is that Calc contacted Jean first. I'm thinking more on the lines of selling imformation to her since he spys on the League. Then from there Jean got the idea to set up Boomer/Drake.

Secound one is that Jean used Ray's technologies to get in on a phone call to the calculator.

I know it's junk but it's a thought.

boo.gifgrin.gif

So who can answer this:

Actually, he did. He just got there too late. gossip.gif

You mean the greatest detective in the DCU was unable to find the location of the Calculator, but Jean Loring, the human wife of the Atom, had not difficulties arranging an anonymous killing of another person?

What is there to elaborate on? Jean Loring could do all this to the league and she isnt even a villian. With all the technology in the apartment, you mean to tell me that there wasnt voice recording software or video software in there so that the heroes could see/hear what happened when Jean when large and burned Sue? When she had atoms costume on and hung herself, when Ray was rescuing her/perfoming CPR, he didnt notice it? If I was in the league and there was an attack on a family member and they survived, wouldnt you have one of the telepaths look into thier mind and see if there was any clues that they could see? Why bring all the weapons if you just wanted to knock her out? These are just questions about Jean, not to mention anything about the loose ends(Armor, Owen, Calculator, Jake Drake (of all people), Firestorm ([#@$%!!!] way how he died. Come on), Batman and the mindwipe. I wasted the last month waiting for this and was let down.

I liked my ending better! sign-rantpost.giftongue.gif

Seriously, kudos to Chris for pegging all the essentials! thumbsup2.gifyay.gif

Yeah, bringing the flamethrower "just in case" makes no sense. And there were way easier ways to get Ray back (did she even try calling him?) And, scheduling a meeting for roughly the same time as the "accident" is cutting it awful close. But hey, as MK points out, the solution is she's NUTS!! Anything goes, what the hell.

Oh, well, I'll give Meltzer a pass since it was established way way back that Jean was mentally instable.

Overall, I liked it well enough. Way better than Hush.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

All sorts of people can contact The Calculator for business. Jean simply found a way to do that. Batman was looking to CATCH him, not call him up for work. The Calculator WANTS to be contacted by people so there are obviously methods in place to do just that.

I thought the last issue was a little of a let-down. Okay, if Jean wanted Ray back, why not just stop after Sue and her hanging rescue? Why keep going with the notes to Lois and Tim's father? Would she have ever stopped? She had Ray after she was "attacked." The continued attacks don't make sense.

All sorts of people can contact The Calculator for business. Jean simply found a way to do that. Batman was looking to CATCH him, not call him up for work. The Calculator WANTS to be contacted by people so there are obviously methods in place to do just that.

I understand that, but this is Batman we are talking about. If he is able to get contact information he is able to get a location, especially with Oracle on his side also.

I understand that, but this is Batman we are talking about. If he is able to get contact information he is able to get a location, especially with Oracle on his side also.

The idea is that The Calculator is good at what he does and is able to hide his tracks. confused-smiley-013.gif

They showed as much in the series.

If that is true, then the Calculator who was always able to be defeated before, is now smarter and more cunning the Batman and Oracle combined. interesting. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's not up to me to say if it's true or not as it's shown explicitly in the series.

He was defeated before because he was running around out in the open, not hiding in the shadows. He changed his approach to one that is more cautious and is therefore more succesful. Makes perfect sense to me. If it doesn't make sense to you there's not much more to say confused-smiley-013.gif

Im reading all the replies here and yeah, its dawning on me that the central motive is pretty silly. Jean wants her hubby back. So instead of calling, or faking an accident to herself for sympathy, she tries to knock out someone elses wife? huh?? And, saying she simply wanted to knock Sue unconscious, she doesnt bonk her on the head from behind like a normally insane person, or shoot to wound, she enters her brain??? All she had to do was go tiny, stand on Sue's head, add a few hundred pounds to herself and Sue would have fallen over backward clunking her head on the floor knocking her out!! no? Or one of a thousand other ways to harm Sue and set her plan for attention from Ray in motion. Ooooh, Sue was attacked!! lets all check on our loved ones, including our crazy ex wives!!

Having said that, I still enjoyed the story and th echase....but I hoped for a tighter resolve to it after building us up for months.

I think people are making a mistake with taking her "accident" excuse at face value. "I brought a few weapons along just in case?"

She brought a flamethrower for crying out loud 27_laughing.gif

I thought she said she came BACK with a few weapons.... but I read it quick and only once... but even is shes deranged, why pick Sue? There should have been SOME other reason since there are so many characters she could have chosen instead to serve the same purpose.....