• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL IDENTITY CRISIS ISSUE 7 SPOILER THREAD----SPOILERS---

101 posts in this topic

Didn't I warn you to brace yourself for the worst?

Don't get me wrong, I liked IC, and I'm not that upset at the end (I've had a few weeks to think about it though), but I agree that making Sue's death an accident at the hands of a manipulative ex-wife of another b-level DC hero is a bit of a cop out. Especially given all of the build up we've given the events over the last 6 months.

All I can say is thank god it wasn't the Atom who was the killer. It would have been an even worse cop out to make another silver age hero the villain in a DC "event" series.

27_laughing.gif You did warn me... and I confess, I was nervous all the way to and from the comic store this afternoon.

And I agree, thank Jebus it wasn't the Atom. Oh well... now it's time to wait for the big 20-year anniversary!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Khoas, I just have to say that everytime I see one of your posts now, I think it's Chrisco, b/c his name is at the bottom. Confusing man!

He's been called worse. tongue.gif

I was once called "Khoas". I wept for days after.

A thoroughly good and enjoyable read from 1st to last issue! This series accomplished many things, not the least of which was getting a lot of people talking and reading DC. And this series will (hopefully) have a greater impact on the overall DC universe over the next few years.

Give me a well crafted, semi-retcon mystery like this anyday, over that sloppy, semi-retcon garbage that is happening in Amazing Spiderman...

thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

It wouldn't be an Identity Crisis wednesday without some kind of announcement from DC. Thankfully they've piped in with a press release to remind us that it is selling well...

Press Release

STUNNING FINALE TO IDENTITY CRISIS TRIGGERS MULTIPLE ISSUE SELL-OUTS!

With the shocking events of the seventh issue of IDENTITY CRISIS (OCT040285) hitting comics shops today, DC Comics is pleased to announce that four issues of the blockbuster miniseries have sold out at the publisher. These issues are:

* IDENTITY CRISIS #1 Third Printing (APR045290)

* IDENTITY CRISIS #2 Second Printing (APR045288)

* IDENTITY CRISIS #4 (JUL040630)

* IDENTITY CRISIS #6 (SEP040323)

Since its announcement, IDENTITY CRISIS has continually gained momentum thanks to mainstream press coverage, which has included stories in Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, The New York Post, Spin and scores of local newspapers across the country, and strong coverage in the comics press.

The mainstream press coverage continues with a story in today ' s New York Times that notes " the series has been the subject of intense debate on comics message boards. Readers have witnessed the rape and murder of one hero's wife, the murder of Robin's father and a death threat against Lois Lane. But the bigger shocks have come from the Justice League, whose members made a secret pact to brainwash villains to keep their identities secret and their families safe. " This marks the third time IDENTITY CRISIS has been covered in the Times.

" Needless to say, this has been one of the most amazing and humbling projects I've ever been a part of, " says writer Brad Meltzer. " On behalf of the hardest working team in show business - Rags Morales, Michael Bair, Alex Sinclair, Kenny Lopez, Michael Turner and Senior Group Editor Mike Carlin - thank you to all the readers and retailers for believing, which, to me, is the best thing comics offers us all. "

Limited quantities of the following issues of IDENTITY CRISIS remain available for reorder:

* IDENTITY CRISIS #3 (JUN040402)

* IDENTITY CRISIS #5 (AUG040390)

* IDENTITY CRISIS #7 (OCT040285)

Please note that DC does not plan to go back to press on the out-of-print issues at this time. Individual issues may still be available at retail. As a reminder, IDENTITY CRISIS will not be available as a collected edition before September 2005.

It wouldn't be an Identity Crisis wednesday without some kind of announcement from DC. Thankfully they've piped in with a press release to remind us that it is selling well...

Press Release

With the shocking events of the seventh issue of IDENTITY CRISIS (OCT040285) hitting comics shops today, DC Comics is pleased to announce that four issues of the blockbuster miniseries have sold out at the publisher. These issues are:

Since its announcement, IDENTITY CRISIS has continually gained momentum thanks to mainstream press coverage, which has included stories in Entertainment Weekly, USA Today, The New York Post, Spin and scores of local newspapers across the country, and strong coverage in the comics press.

The mainstream press coverage continues with a story in today ' s New York Times that notes " the series has been the subject of intense debate on comics message boards. Readers have witnessed the rape and murder of one hero's wife, the murder of Robin's father and a death threat against Lois Lane. But the bigger shocks have come from the Justice League, whose members made a secret pact to brainwash villains to keep their identities secret and their families safe. " This marks the third time IDENTITY CRISIS has been covered in the Times.

" Needless to say, this has been one of the most amazing and humbling projects I've ever been a part of, " says writer Brad Meltzer. " On behalf of the hardest working team in show business - Rags Morales, Michael Bair, Alex Sinclair, Kenny Lopez, Michael Turner and Senior Group Editor Mike Carlin - thank you to all the readers and retailers for believing, which, to me, is the best thing comics offers us all. "

Limited quantities of the following issues of IDENTITY CRISIS remain available for reorder:

Please note that DC does not plan to go back to press on the out-of-print issues at this time. Individual issues may still be available at retail. As a reminder, IDENTITY CRISIS will not be available as a collected edition before September 2005.

I wonder when it would be a good time to list My Entire Run Ebay!

Now this is a very good strategy. Scheduling the trade out far enough for people to have to find the back issues instead of waiting of the TPB. It's nice to see them thinking ahead farther than next month. I have no doubt the trade would sell gangbusters if released soonest but DC is going to let the current market flesh itself out and actually make the back issues desirable. This also helps the retailers.

I have been very hard on DC recently for manipulating press runs but this announcement is a great and welcomed surprise in this "let's make as much money and the market be damned" environment. Even though they probably still going back to press with at least #6 and 7...

Jim

Press Release

Has anybody who bought the first printing of issue 1 actually invested in the 2nd and 3rd printings as well? I didn't even think about it until it was too late. But, I've got the entire run all in first prints. I guess I should be happy, keep them nice and safe, and put them on eBay in about 20 years cloud9.gif

I enjoyed it. I'm somewhat let down by the ending, but that's only because I was hoping against hope that the "big reveal" wouldn't be one of the five million theories I'd seen online. If I'd read this without paying attention to any discussion I don't think I would be let down at all.

So this whole series wasn't a murder mystery but an accidental-death-mystery. With no sinister motivation to it all (sort of the opposite, in fact), it's kind of a letdown. No big master villain, no "never saw that coming" evil plan. Just a kinky crazy woman and a lot of loose ends.

Atom is not the killer. Chrisco37 was right.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Just read it! Not quite the elaborate scheme I had constructed, but pretty close.

I told you the woman was NUTS!!!!! acclaim.gif

No poster for Ares! grin.gif

Great story! Although this last issue seemed to read really, really quickly. Still some unanswered questions. The most important/intriguing is "Does Batman know what happened?"

That's the set up for the second series or, perhaps, a Meltzer-written Batman arc. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

That's two mysteries solved by me:

-1602 - "What's in the box?"

-Identity Crisis - "Who killed Sue?"

I rule! (Insert Beyonder Breakdancing graemlin)

Let the Worship begin....... wink.gif

Man they just skipped right to the chase in this last issue.

Anyways, I told you I though Jean was hiring Calculator. This was the only thing that made since to me, even if it was an easy out. I must admit I thought he had a bigger part in it than setting Boomer/Drake up. I tall ya, you had her pegged on the crazy part insane.gif

All in all this was a pretty fair series to me but I wouldn't write home about it. I really wonder how this is going to effect Batman 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This guy as mentioned earlier never has trusted anyone and now he seem really jumpy around them. I'm sure one day I will figure it out and then DC will have a new series called, "The sh** hit the fan" tongue.gif Heck it may explode in the near future with the on going Flash series 893scratchchin-thumb.gif