• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This summer season is my special anniversary with my hobby...

9 posts in this topic

Well, like the subject line said above:

I'm now into my 40th anniversary in reading, collecting and living with comic books! I can not image that I would in this hobby so long... :o

It began in summer 1974 in June/July months when I discovered comic books. My grandma gave me a small batch of my uncle's comics to read. My uncle is her son, my mother's younger brother (almost 10 years older than me). So, that was how I discovered Superman, Hulk, Spider-man, Batman and some others from these comics. Then went into Richie Rich, Disney, Archie to read when I start to buy my own new comics with my allowance. It was $1.00 per week in my first year - I was age 5.

Someday after I had settled in my new temporary apt suite (I will move again next year). I will write my journal on my hobby later. For now, to cerebrate my anniversary ... I brought one book to mark this year: Archie's Pal Jughead #1 VF 8.0 CGC.

Been looking for this key book after about 20+ years searching to hunt a book in high grade! So that ended my hunt, and begin a new hunt for another one.

And in related with my resolutions I made in January before this year: I said I would find and buy one major-key book this year. I fulfilled this already and have not one but over 3 major-key books already! I'm just past 6 months and I still have time to hunt maybe one more key before 2014 ends. lol

A good way to wrap up my 40th anniversary by improving my collection with better selections in stock. (thumbs u

Happy Anniversay with the hobby so many of us share the same story.Summer was always a great time to catch up on reading from the books we purchased along the way.Much luck in your key search (thumbs u

Don't leave us in suspense, Man, what are the other two keys you bought?

What I see as keys in my view - might not be the same what you see in yours. The other keys I had purchased in the last 6 months this year since to now.

They are:

Four Color # 223 - Donald Duck "Lost in the Andes!" (signed by Carl Barks)

Action Comics # 285 - Supergirl reveled to the world

Showcase # 43 "Dr. No" (coming on way)

Flash #123 (very low grade but serves as a filler)

Four Color # 386 - Uncle Scrooge (#1) "Only A Poor Old Man"

Strange Tales #104

Archie's Pal Jughead # 1 (seeking for number #3 next)

My next target in seeking a big key - like upgrading my Flash #123 in better grade, Looking for Action #252 for the 1st Supergirl appear in mid-high grade, looking for JIM #83 in mid-high grade. EC sci-fic books... Or another 4-C Donald Duck book! I have 7 books in Four-Color with Donald Duck, so I want to complete this set.

In other words, I'm pretty much open to any of these above after August - to begin my next hunt for another key! Then next year 2015, I will make some new goals on more new hunts, more keys ... you get my meaning :sumo:

Don't leave us in suspense, Man, what are the other two keys you bought?

What I see as keys in my view - might not be the same what you see in yours. The other keys I had purchased in the last 6 months this year since to now.

They are:

Four Color # 223 - Donald Duck "Lost in the Andes!" (signed by Carl Barks)

Action Comics # 285 - Supergirl reveled to the world

Showcase # 43 "Dr. No" (coming on way)

Flash #123 (very low grade but serves as a filler)

Four Color # 386 - Uncle Scrooge (#1) "Only A Poor Old Man"

Strange Tales #104

Archie's Pal Jughead # 1 (seeking for number #3 next)

My next target in seeking a big key - like upgrading my Flash #123 in better grade, Looking for Action #252 for the 1st Supergirl appear in mid-high grade, looking for JIM #83 in mid-high grade. EC sci-fic books... Or another 4-C Donald Duck book! I have 7 books in Four-Color with Donald Duck, so I want to complete this set.

In other words, I'm pretty much open to any of these above after August - to begin my next hunt for another key! Then next year 2015, I will make some new goals on more new hunts, more keys ... you get my meaning :sumo:

All good choices. Good taste!

I always wished they had had Curt Swan draw that Supergirl intro story since it was such a major deal. Not a fan of Jim Mooney.