• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who did the cover of Headline #8?

14 posts in this topic

I would guess that it was Jack Binder, who did some of the covers on previous issues. The other possibility would be Kiefer, but it seems a bit too tight for his style. That said, I don't think that this cover has been "officially" credited.

It is a Hitler cover and I don't know who the artist is. Of all my Hitler covers I would have to say that this one is just OK... the predominant cover color, blue, is somewhat dull, but the drawing of Hitler is pretty cool... just my opinion/preference. Headline8.jpg

dmgscr,

Thanks for the educated guess on the cover artist.

comichut,

I agree the blue isn't exciting, but Headline #8 is my favorite GA Hitler cover, If you ever get tired of yours (thanks for posting btw) please sell it to me wink.gif

dmgscr,

Thanks for the educated guess on the cover artist.

comichut,

I agree the blue isn't exciting, but Headline #8 is my favorite GA Hitler cover, If you ever get tired of yours (thanks for posting btw) please sell it to me wink.gif

Agreed! This and Great Comics #3 are my two favorite WWII era Hitler covers....post WWII, my favorite is an issue of Black Magic that shows Hitler walking out of a spaceship with a bunch of aliens...I've got that one laying around..have to dig it up for a post...

I'd have to go with Real Life #3. Hitler holding a smoking gun in one hand, a human skull in the other, standing on a world on fire, with the words "EMPEROR OF HATE" emblazoned in the sky behind him.

Great stuff.

Might be just me but that cover looks like a collabaration between Mac Raboy and CC Beck.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Interesting comparison... Jack Binder eventually went on to work for CC Beck and did a decent amount of work for Fawcett.

Little info on Jack Binder here

comichut - feel free to start the Hitler cover thread. -While I'm not a Hitler cover completist by any means - there are a few I'd like to have beyond the two I already own (Marvel Mystery #46 & Young Allies #9). Thrilling #41 is probably my favorite "silly Hitler" cover - the type of which became more common as it became clear the nazis were losing - (another end of the war specialty being the "snatch the escaping Hitler cover" - perfected by Schomburg). Unfortunately the last time a Thrilling #41 ended up on Ebay the bidding was insane.

I'd love to see more Hitler covers - and I'm sure my want list will increase as I see more full-sized scans. That's how I ended up buying YA #9 - a cover I had ignored in the Gerber - but fell in love with once Timely posted his HG copy!

edited because I'm going senile , and can no longer remember issue numbers correctly