• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative feedback eBay seller opinions? (slab received badly scuffed)

72 posts in this topic

Deleted the initial post, sorry, but here's the summary:

- bought a slab for a great deal as a bday pres for a friend (we both paid)

- slab arrived horribly scuffed (no mention in auction, horribly listed too)

- contacted seller to ask for re-holder fee

- seller would only take full refund send back book (as he "sold it cheap already")

- boardies found the original auction photos showed the scuff

- have sent pics and kind 2nd request for re-holder fee refund

- seller just wrote back offering full refund again

auction link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDERMAN-700-RARE-STEVE-DITKO-1-200-VARIANT-NM-SOLD-OUT-/321450551052?pt=US_Comic_Books&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&rt=nc&si=vprVF0uBwVLiVVK3ZfQ7eqkKNFA%253D&orig_cvip=true&hash=item4ad7f2270c

photo2_zpsf4842bd7.jpg

photo1_zps96a28c7e.jpg

photo3_zps4b11fbf7.jpg

yeah I know neg feedback seems a bit overboard but I feel like what I'm asking is so very minimal. anyone buying it would definitely have to re-holder anyway. It is for a friend so he wants to keep it so I'm just trying to work it out fairly.

If it is just a surface scratch you may want to try polishing it out. This stuff works great on minor scratches:

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Plastic-Polish-Scratch-Remover/dp/B000J41VDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1405527410&sr=8-1&keywords=Plastic+scratch+remover

Otherwise, I would probably just take the refund. I wouldn't leave negative feedback over a return shipping fee, but that's just me.

Yea that looks like a scuff that might buff out. I'd try that real quick and then decide on the return if it won't.

Also, if you can get it regraded at a show, isn't that pretty cheap on a modern? You might just want to eat it and keep the book too.

thanks for the input all, in the moment it's easy to act immature when you don't get exactly what you want. I won't leave anything negative I just wish he saw it from my way. I guess he's thinking he can sell for a lot more so I get it. My friend really wants to keep it though so I'll either have to eat the cost or try to buff it out. I just sent him pics so we'll see if it may change his mind, at the least a $12 back for the re-holder would be nice.

CGC doesn't accept reholder submissions at a show.

Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade. Mail-in submissions only.

Yeah, if his return policy is full refund, it seems hard to justify negative feedback in this situation.

It's frustrating - I just went through this on a $40 book (that was overgraded by a full grade), he offered to refund, but in all honesty, I would have kept the book at a discount because I needed it. He stated his return policy, I decided to keep it and leave a "good customer service" comment on his feedback. From a seller's standpoint, I can see the "no discount, send it back" rule - it keeps people from gaming you.

I don't fault people for overgrading, it happens sometimes. As long as they offer to take it back, I consider the inconvenience part of the Ebay game - and sometimes when you get stuck with a book you overpaid for, and the seller offers to take it back - it's not his fault if you want to keep it.

Reholder service is for a chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken. We will place your comic in a new holder.

NOTE: All Reholder submissions are subject to review for tampering and accuracy of grade. Mail-in submissions only.

Thanks for the heads-up, didn't realize that.

And I hear you good Dr., when I opened the package I think I actually said Ballsssss how ironic!

Neutral.

And maybe ding him on "How accurate was the item description?" if the description didn't clearly state there was a scratch like that.

You're not asking for much on an expensive book like that by asking for reslab fees. 2c

It's funny that there's another thread just a little down where everyone is discussing the evils of partial refunds.

Sellers hate partial refunds

Is the slab you got the slab from the auction photo, or did he use a stock photo? I think if he's offered a full refund there's no cause for a neg.

Did you buy the book or the slab? A reholder fee is a small price to pay if you otherwise got a good deal on the book.

Last time I did a reholder I held onto it until I had a submission of moderns going and packed them together to reduce the cost of shipping per unit. Turnaround time was pretty quick, too. Maybe two weeks total.

:hi: Justin, still awaiting his reply after I sent the pics.

A little backstory on it, I went back and forth with my good friend about getting it for him (bday gift + he pays some) and he was on the fence. He finally caved as the price was good and as most of us, he didin't truly have the $ for it (remodeling his bathroom/kitchen), but I pushed him over the edge. So when I took it out that huge scuff kinda bummed him out as he now has to put more $ into it for the re-holder/shipping/insurance to CGC. Of course, I will eat those costs for him but he feels badly.

CGC rulez are more like guidelines.

Neutral.

And maybe ding him on "How accurate was the item description?" if the description didn't clearly state there was a scratch like that.

You're not asking for much on an expensive book like that by asking for reslab fees. 2c

Seriously? Whats your ebay handle so i can block it.