• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Negative feedback eBay seller opinions? (slab received badly scuffed)

72 posts in this topic

Neutral.

And maybe ding him on "How accurate was the item description?" if the description didn't clearly state there was a scratch like that.

You're not asking for much on an expensive book like that by asking for reslab fees. 2c

Seriously? Whats your ebay handle so i can block it.

JTalive7 (thumbs u

yeah I know neg feedback seems a bit overboard but I feel like what I'm asking is so very minimal. anyone buying it would definitely have to re-holder anyway. It is for a friend so he wants to keep it so I'm just trying to work it out fairly.

His offer of a full refund should eliminate any thought of leaving him negative feedback.

Neutral.

And maybe ding him on "How accurate was the item description?" if the description didn't clearly state there was a scratch like that.

You're not asking for much on an expensive book like that by asking for reslab fees. 2c

(tsk) be nice, I was looking for opinions/advice and all are entitled to them & appreciated by me on the matter.

Neutral.

JTalive7 (thumbs u

another future problem avoided!

Neutral.

Blocking him might be a little over the top but yeah I agree, seems like undue buyer entitlement attitude here.

Yes, the seller should have disclosed the scuff but he is offering a refund.

yeah I know neg feedback seems a bit overboard but I feel like what I'm asking is so very minimal. anyone buying it would definitely have to re-holder anyway. It is for a friend so he wants to keep it so I'm just trying to work it out fairly.

His offer of a full refund should eliminate any thought of leaving him negative feedback.

I'm 98% sure he won't give the return shipping (I think eBay would though), as he's haggling over $12 partial refund so I think that's the part that annoys me a little. When I see someone is more about making an extra buck vs making something right for a measly $12-$15 I guess that's where my spite comes from. How you can get 550+ all positive feedback with that attitude is beyond me.

I'm 98% sure he won't give the return shipping (I think eBay would though), as he's haggling over $12 refund so I think that's the part that annoys me a little. When I see someone is about making an extra buck vs making something right for a measly $12-$15 I guess that's where my spite comes from. How you can get 550+ all positive feedback with that attitude is beyond me.

He may have had several people buy things and then attempt to get partials back from him. For some people pulling partial refunds out of people is a lucrative side business.

Post a link to the auction.

Neutral.

JTalive7 (thumbs u

1zecmkn.gif

He offered to refund your money and accept a return.

There's no way you can justify leaving a negative.

Neutral.

JTalive7 (thumbs u

1zecmkn.gif

People with your ebay attitude are important to me. Keeps you from accidentally bidding on my auctions.

I'm 98% sure he won't give the return shipping (I think eBay would though), as he's haggling over $12 refund so I think that's the part that annoys me a little. When I see someone is about making an extra buck vs making something right for a measly $12-$15 I guess that's where my spite comes from. How you can get 550+ all positive feedback with that attitude is beyond me.

He may have had several people buy things and then attempt to get partials back from him. For some people pulling partial refunds out of people is a lucrative side business.

It doesn't suprise me to know that people do that, I'm naive to it being an honest buyer/seller that's a shame. PM'd you the link

It doesn't suprise me to know that people do that, I'm naive to it being an honest buyer/seller that's a shame. PM'd you the link

Keep the book, leave him a positive, and be thrilled with your purchase. :applause:

I had PM'd the link to those interested, didn't really want to post it as I'm not looking to make the seller out to be anything but moreso looking for different opinions on the situation from both sides.

in talking to a knowledgeable boardie have realized what a great deal I (my friend) got on the book. My GPA expired and made a mistake checking past values so all is well, carry on, thanks for the info/help all.