• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man what a collection is for sale on ebay.

30 posts in this topic

QUITE the interesting auction!!!

very difficult to price based on his descriptions and only 12 photos. (but what 12 books!!!!!)

i would guess his hope of dumping this in one shot won't be realized. can't imagine anyone being willing to risk $300K on verbal descriptions. and what you can read looks like most of the best stuff has real problems.

having said that, it was still a fascinating read and i wish him luck 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Here's what jumps out at me:

All issues of any significant value (several hundred dollars or more) are guaranteed not to be restored in any way that increases their apparent grade or value. And I will guarantee that all major issues (worth a thousand or more) will pass certification by CGC as unrestored).

Then.....

We’ll start with the most sought after comic of all, Action Comics #1,......The centerfold is loose and split, with rounded corners and is most likely from another copy, though it is original and fits the other pages and staple placement.

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I thought all the big ticket items were not restored?

All issues of any significant value (several hundred dollars or more) are guaranteed not to be restored in any way that increases their apparent grade or value. And I will guarantee that all major issues (worth a thousand or more) will pass certification by CGC as unrestored).

Then.....

We’ll start with the most sought after comic of all, Action Comics #1,......The centerfold is loose and split, with rounded corners and is most likely from another copy, though it is original and fits the other pages and staple placement.

CGC does not consider married pages restoration. Qualified at best (or worst, depending on how you look at it.)

Then.....

yeh, i thought the same thing but took it to mean that all books that he doesn't specifically identify in his notes as being restored, and have a value over $1000 are not.

i'm also puzzled by what "guaranteed not to be restored in any way that increases their apparent value", means. what does that mean and why is it different than the simpler follow-up statement/guarantee on the more valuable books??

oh well, i won't be bidding $295K anytime soon............ grin.gif.

Then.....

CGC does not consider married pages restoration. Qualified at best (or worst, depending on how you look at it.)

Thanks Pov! Good catch too. Why the heck isn't that restoration????

Apologize if there's a thread about this. Link me. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

why sell them on ebay versus the private collector network of millionaires out there

Without doing a lot of research, it's hard to say how dealer friendly his minimum bid is. He may have felt he was lowballed by a couple of big dealers already, or found they wanted to cherry pick, and is using Ebay to advertise the collection.