• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Emailed with the owner. He said the book is committed to auction as planned but didn't say which one.

:gossip:http://cc.ebay.com/action-comics/

page 1 :whistle:

It's supposedly going to be auctioned on ebay as well.

I didn't have time to read the whole thread. Glad you're on the job! :baiting:

Emailed with the owner. He said the book is committed to auction as planned but didn't say which one.

It was halfway through the first page Roy, not like it was on page 17 :makepoint: :

First page of probably the biggest announcement in the last couple years, but indeed you have a basketball game to organize. ;)

Less than the previous copy got because now the highest graded Detective Comics #27 is the Honus Wagner of comics.

Personally I don't think so and I don't think the potential auction will show that.

AC1 wasn't just expensive beause its scarce... but because it's AC1.

Whether one or two of them... I would much rather own one of them than the top DC27 (although of course I would like that too).

And with white pages there is even a claim that this IS the best AC1.

Problem is the comic rates the same as the other one that went for the highest amount, but now 2 at the same grade this comic has lost its wow factor. It was the Honus Wagner of comics, but can no longer be called that. Its now on the same level as the 2 highest graded Detective Comics at 8.0. The comic will go for less than 2 million and maybe more around the 1 million price. You also have to factor in Superman's popularity is dying while Batman's popularity keeps growing year after year. Detective Comics #27 is the grandaddy of all comics now.

Just had to lol at the cluelessness above!

Less than the previous copy got because now the highest graded Detective Comics #27 is the Honus Wagner of comics.

Personally I don't think so and I don't think the potential auction will show that.

AC1 wasn't just expensive beause its scarce... but because it's AC1.

Whether one or two of them... I would much rather own one of them than the top DC27 (although of course I would like that too).

And with white pages there is even a claim that this IS the best AC1.

Problem is the comic rates the same as the other one that went for the highest amount, but now 2 at the same grade this comic has lost its wow factor. It was the Honus Wagner of comics, but can no longer be called that. Its now on the same level as the 2 highest graded Detective Comics at 8.0. The comic will go for less than 2 million and maybe more around the 1 million price. You also have to factor in Superman's popularity is dying while Batman's popularity keeps growing year after year. Detective Comics #27 is the grandaddy of all comics now.

No way. Book looks much better than the previous 9.0. The nicest tec 27 is also likely to be the Allentown copy. It's a much better copy than 8.0.

There are other nice tec 27's as well.

I would be willing to bet anyone that this book will sell more than 2 million. And I would guess closer to 3.

Logic says when another collectible of the same issue, toy, and etc is found to exist of the same grade on rare collectibles the value of that collectible goes down

Please continue with the clueless. U R a funy man!

I'm going to agree with Brian (Foolkiller) that this book won't go for less than $3 million. The underbidders of the Nick Cage copy will be going hard after this one and there may be a few more entries in the field. They've had time to continue to build their war chest. This is now the top known available copy (it's going to be decades before the Dentist's Church copy resurfaces).

It's a grading date. Not a grade. A grading date.

I understand that but what's with the QR code on the label? Why has it appeared only on this and not on any other books? It seems like there's special rules created for just this book. It feels like grading company politicking here.

As to whether the book was graded last year or just very recently, that shouldn't be hard to determine. Compare the serial number with the copy and any book that came back from CGC the past few days.

It's a grading date. Not a grade. A grading date.

As to whether the book was graded last year or just very recently, that shouldn't be hard to determine. Compare the serial number with the copy and any book that came back from CGC the past few days.

or just plug it into the CGC certification verification, which says Feb 5 of 2014.

In any case; 3 million at a minimum, close to (perhaps not over) 4 million at the top end, is my guess. It depends on the pockets of the interested players.

The nicest equivalent US coin (best known 1794 dollar) garned $10 million; the British Guiana in stamps was recently not far behind at 9-ish million.

The comic market at its pinnacle would be high-grade Action #1's -- it's not likely to start approaching the above amounts, but then again, all it takes it two determined bidders with enough $.

It was halfway through the first page Roy, not like it was on page 17 :makepoint: :

First page of probably the biggest announcement in the last couple years, but indeed you have a basketball game to organize. ;)

...and this is why you are the man for the job!

:D

I like that part of the proceeds are going to the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation.

+1

The Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation is a tireless and generous supporter of research into treatments for spinal cord injury.

and whatta cool comic. :grin:

...and this is why you are the man for the job!

:D

:whatev:

What the odds the ebay listing and fees will be free to the seller?

Free? I think very unlikely. Highly discounted? Most definitely.

Maximum Final Value Fee on ebay is $250.

How much more highly discounted do they need to make it?

There's not another auction house where you can sell an item for $2 million plus and the house will only take $250

:makepoint: but in this case the "house" ie ebay owns paypal. you must pay through paypal on ebay. paypal charges 3% with no cap. therefore if the comic sells for north of $3mm you're look at around a $100k give or take in paypal fees alone.