• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

Or nobody wants to play any cards at the moment.

Not likely…if I had the money, I'd throw down immediately to snag that highest bidder title.

Nobody that's approved for bidding, I would think, cares at all about being "highest bidder" until the end of the auction. Highest Bidder on Day 1 means absolutely nothing. All it does is expose you as a player on the book.

As easily as some of the people here can run down eBay ID's and match them up to real people, I'd bet there are some people that aren't bidding until the last day/hour.

Or nobody wants to play any cards at the moment.

Not likely…if I had the money, I'd throw down immediately to snag that highest bidder title.

Nobody that's approved for bidding, I would think, cares at all about being "highest bidder" until the end of the auction. Highest Bidder on Day 1 means absolutely nothing. All it does is expose you as a player on the book.

As easily as some of the people here can run down eBay ID's and match them up to real people, I'd bet there are some people that aren't bidding until the last day/hour.

Yes but if two people are willing to bid up to 3 million, the one who puts the bid in first will get it. If this ends at 3 million, I'd want to be the person who put the money down first. I do not foresee too many sniping bids at the end of this one.

Plus, you still will not be able to see who is bidding…especially on this. They're not going to make it easy for us to find out who these people are who have millions of dollars to spend on a comic are.

Can't find anything. Wonder if the bidding pages are only open to registered bidders?

That would be foolish. I think part of using eBay was to allow people to watch in a huge venue.

Maybe it hasn't started yet (shrug)

+1

I'm gonna be really bummed if I can't see this. Otherwise, what's the point of having it on Ebay???

$3,210,123.90 (we shoulda had a best guess contest)

i think 3.5-4 is really possible, but if the contents of this thread re: the books provenance were public knowledge to those actually able to bid, i feel like it would definitely chill the bidding.

I will guess 3.2-3.5 as the final range it goes in.

Debt is still virtually free, and the US is still printing money out of thin air by the dump truck load, the "market" is strong.

I know the bidders are pre-approved, but I'd still get a sick feeling if my winning bidder had 0 feedback. :o

I expect that there will be a few 0 feedback bidders on this one.

I don't think it would bother me if my pre-approved billionaire winner had never bought or sold anything on eBay. :gossip:

I know the bidders are pre-approved, but I'd still get a sick feeling if my winning bidder had 0 feedback. :o

I expect that there will be a few 0 feedback bidders on this one.

I don't think it would bother me if my pre-approved billionaire winner had never bought or sold anything on eBay. :gossip:

lol

Any other boardies out there bidding? Just curious

Tell me how much it will definitely NOT go for, and I will throw in a bid.

Even if I had that kind of money. There would be other things I would do with it.

Unless of course, the price was no consideration at all to me. (filthy stinkin' rich)