• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

If the buyer sends it back does he get return shipping?

I would hope the nicest available copy of Action 1 never enters the postal system.

Why? Because it might get SCS? :baiting:

I wonder how they ship such items-like when it went to get graded-I know for a fact it wasnt a pick up situation but went through a carrier and you cannot insure something like that-nerve wracking

I wonder how they ship such items-like when it went to get graded-I know for a fact it wasnt a pick up situation but went through a carrier and you cannot insure something like that-nerve wracking

Darren hand carried the book to and from cgc ...I suspect the winner will fly in and hand carry home as well

And CIA will and does Insure books like this

I think I misunderstood then what he said

He mentioned something about no guarantees so I assumed it was shipped

Darren hand carried the book to and from cgc ...I suspect the winner will fly in and hand carry home as well

Insurance is all relative to your carrier and the premium. You can insure anything. It's just going to cost you!

Insurance is all relative to your carrier and the premium. You can insure anything. It's just going to cost you!

I once shipped right at 2 mil to sdcc from fl. Cost me $1800 extra to insure

If the buyer sends it back does he get return shipping?

I would hope the nicest available copy of Action 1 never enters the postal system.

Why? Because it might get SCS? :baiting:

Just seems wrong to let those gorillas handle the holy grail.....

I got my snipe in at 3.5 so if it goes above that I'm out!

:hi: Random thought. Think this auction could break "view count" record. Looking to pass 6K mark pretty quick here.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that shared it on the social media sites...it's going to get huge numbers of views, probably lots of press too...speaking of press....do you think this book could benefit from a press?

I got my snipe in at 3.5 so if it goes above that I'm out!

:hi: Random thought. Think this auction could break "view count" record. Looking to pass 6K mark pretty quick here.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that shared it on the social media sites...it's going to get huge numbers of views, probably lots of press too...speaking of press....do you think this book could benefit from a press?

Isn't most of the damage the split on the spine?

Also, don't you think it was pressed?

Yup, looks like that way... Gator's in for the bidding. (worship) Go gator Go!

Presently the high bid is at US $1,600,100. To Canadians like me here - it's at CAD $1,747,228 :insane:

Well, I can cross being the high bidder of a Tec 27 off my comic book bucket list.

Sadly I did not bid early enough on the Action 1, that should the power go out I could afford it if I was stuck at $1.7 million.

ScreenShot2014-08-04at10521PM.png