• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A second copy of CGC 9.0 Action Comics #1 on the census (7/22/14)

1,507 posts in this topic

People know who that is, but won't say.

Peace,

Chip

It's Tom Fish (the guy who bought the Hulk #180 1st Wolverine page at Heritage earlier this year). He said so himself in the thread in the Gold Comics section, though the twist is that he says he is bidding on behalf of a client.

That's a lot of "just let me bid this one time and I promise never to buy another comic book" discussions between spouses.

Oh, please. The bidders all have enough money where if one spouse says "no" they'll just go ask one of the other ones they have lying around the house.

Peace,

Chip

That's a lot of "just let me bid this one time and I promise never to buy another comic book" discussions between spouses.

Oh, please. The bidders all have enough money where if one spouse says "no" they'll just go ask one of the other ones they have lying around the house.

Peace,

Chip

lol

This is pretty cool as well...

Not Action 1 but another piece of early Superman that you don't see all the time:

Superman Fleischer Production Cel

Pretty sure one of those pieces was on Buried Treasure not long ago.

Yes, the guy says in the listing that he is selling it to take care of medical expenses but due to the provenance and previous coverage, that may indeed be legit.