• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OSPG Electronic Format

24 posts in this topic

Didn't realize they did this. Is it at least a searchable PDF? Or do you need to manually find the page you need? I'd consider paying the $30.00 if it was searchable.

It's searchable, but the problem is if you type in 'Wolverine', you'll get the first 'Wolverine' results and if you're looking for something specific and want to jump to it, you'll have to skip through all the results.

The problem/challenge with the OSPG digital version is coming up with an intuitive way for people to search it as quickly as using the book. If Acrobat incorporated better vocal command recognition, so you could say a command and get instant results and if it's not what you're looking for - you can refine your seach - that would be something I would buy. A searchable .pdf document that has 1000+ pages? No thanks. It's gotta work better than that for $30. Hell, it's gotta work better than that for $5.

I would imagine that throwing a bunch of money to a developer is not in the OSPG business model, so the old .pdf will probably be around for awhile yet.

They can do it, but they choose not to. The reason: they would lose the ad revenue b/c e-format would cannibalize the print version. That's why they limit the print run on the spiral bound dealer book.

I love the Big! Big! Overstreet spiral bound version. All the usual complaints as to an annual, worldwide "guide" apply, but it's great to lay it open flat for research. I didn't realize they limited the print run intentionally, but I had noticed how hard it was to find. I haven't seen a new one since 2008.

I love the Big! Big! Overstreet spiral bound version. All the usual complaints as to an annual, worldwide "guide" apply, but it's great to lay it open flat for research. I didn't realize they limited the print run intentionally, but I had noticed how hard it was to find. I haven't seen a new one since 2008.

MCS has them in stock for $44.95

Ya it's out today.....your LCS will have them.

if i had a local comic shop you mean rantrant

Oh.....well you can't beat the $20 price tag if you can wait till Aug 5th......if not MCS and many others have it today for sale.

Ya it's out today.....your LCS will have them.

if i had a local comic shop you mean rantrant

Oh.....well you can't beat the $20 price tag if you can wait till Aug 5th......if not MCS and many others have it today for sale.

Yeah i can hold off :)

It's a dog, totally archaic and unsearchable (it has a search, but I challenge anyone to tell me how to get it to really work worth a :censored: - but if you can get it for free, it's nice to have on your laptop if you need to look up a price and you don't have a guide handy.

An iPad or other tablet version would be nice, but if this somehow inhibits their ad sales, oh well.

Oh, I hear ya, as I have an iPad, and Android tablet, but the digital version OSPG I used a few years ago was clunky. I rather have the print book, until they modernize their digital version.

An iPad or other tablet version would be nice, but if this somehow inhibits their ad sales, oh well.

Oh, I hear ya, as I have an iPad, and Android tablet, but the digital version OSPG I used a few years ago was clunky. I rather have the print book, until they modernize their digital version.

If you can get both, why not have a copy on your tablet for chits-and-giggles 2c