• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto Comic Book Show (TCBS) Sun Sep 14th; Win A Giant Size X-men!

39 posts in this topic

if you're so sure the draw is "unlucky" why don't you come and find us before pulling out the winning ticket...we'll let you pull the ticket :)

nothing to hide here :)

Am tempted to go...perhaps you can let us know the condition of the GS X-Men #1 giveaway?

You have to admit, he's done a pretty good job of avoiding that question. I'll probably avoid this show until I can see some transparency.

so...45 dealers and i'd hope hundreds and hundreds of customers and dealers keep winning the prizes? luck of the draw indeed

It's a legit draw, and a legit show. My favourite of all the little ones popping up all over the city. No shenanigans here.

Jim

My original plans to go to Montreal this weekend fell through so I'll be exhibiting at the Oshawa Comic Con on Saturday and the Toronto Comic Book Show on Sunday.

Fellow dealers have had good things to say about this show, so I figure I'll try it out.

so...45 dealers and i'd hope hundreds and hundreds of customers and dealers keep winning the prizes? luck of the draw indeed

It's a legit draw, and a legit show. My favourite of all the little ones popping up all over the city. No shenanigans here.

Jim

My original plans to go to Montreal this weekend fell through so I'll be exhibiting at the Oshawa Comic Con on Saturday and the Toronto Comic Book Show on Sunday.

Fellow dealers have had good things to say about this show, so I figure I'll try it out.

I'll be in Montreal, or I'd be set up this weekend myself.

It's a great show for both dealers and buyers...tons of little guys you would never see.

Jim

HI there! I wasn't trying to avoid your question.,. Just a but overwhelming here, so at times, things get inadvertently overlooked....We do our best to give away the very best prizes possible. Our debut show's prize was a CGC 5.0 graded Hulk 181, our second show was a CGC graded 9.6 Stan Lee signed ASM 300..this time around we are offering up a (raw) Giant Sized X-Men. When examined by a few reputable dealers, their assessment of the book was somewhere in the 4-4.5 range. By no means is this perfect book, but still a great prize! FYI Our Oct 26 show prize will be an ASM #129.

I am sorry if you find this to be unsatisfactory, but I challenge you to find another show where you can visit 40-45 tables, park your car for free, and have a shot at winning a key book - all for just 5 bucks! Not to mention other hourly door prizes. Oh and kids can come for free!

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as our goal is to make this the best pure comic book show and sale around! So please don't' hesitate to continue leaving feedback.

Cheers!

The comments on this post are pretty hilarious. This is not a high stakes commitment… You go, pay $5 bucks and have fun. If you see something you like, you can buy it… or if nothing grabs you, feel free to just hang around, talk comics with other collectors and see if you win a prize. There's no conspiracy here. Honestly, $5 is not a lot to ask for a show like this… consider that the room has to be paid for somehow.

I was set up as a vendor the last 2 shows. I don't have time to set up this Sunday but I'm still planning to pop in for an hour or so. I think the reason the vendors happen to win is because many of us purchased extra tickets… being hardcore enthusiasts and all. I myself purchased 15 tickets for the Hulk#181 draw. Why not? It's better odds then the lottery.

You'll find a lot of hobbyists like myself at this show. So the selection of books should be more varied as well as the prices.

Also, not all winners were vendors...

image.jpeg

Wow... what a great show. A pretty healthy turn out of both buyers and sellers. I realize we live in cynical times but it would be great if even more people showed up at the next show set for October 26 so that it'll keep going. Considering all the challenges that comics face, why not support the hobby and the vendors who rely shows to make a living. After all, we're all here because we enjoy comics, are we not?I was at the show for a couple of hours and picked a mid grade X-Men #95, the Infinity Gauntlet #3, an Iron Man #169 to fill my runs and Michael Cho’s latest book Shoplifter, which I'm really looking forward to reading.

purchases.JPG

The winner of the grand prize was not a vendor this time. The Giant-Size X-Men went to this lucky collector (I'm sooo Jealous). Congrats!

GSX.jpg

This was my first time setting up at this event. It was a fun show, and attendance was great for an event like this, people bought stuff, people came by to chat... all in all a good day. I'll be back on October 26th, next time with more comics...

This was my first time setting up at this event. It was a fun show, and attendance was great for an event like this, people bought stuff, people came by to chat... all in all a good day. I'll be back on October 26th, next time with more comics...

Told you :whistle:

Jim