• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Sub-Mariner #1 Update!

31 posts in this topic

Use caution. I agree on possible trim . This would not be a real press worthy book, it looks fragile. I would say 1.0 could be .5 max if intact is 1.5 MHO.

so the comic looks to fragile to press?

1.0, low page quality, with a decent chance of trimming to the top/bottom cover edges...they look pretty crisp given the overall wear of the book.

+1

I would have to see some pics of the inside before dropping a dime on this, especially the centerfold.

okay I'll ask for some more pics

Use caution. I agree on possible trim . This would not be a real press worthy book, it looks fragile. I would say 1.0 could be .5 max if intact is 1.5 MHO.

YES... You could ask a pro but cover is already detached book looks real fragile a press could do more damage and make it loose more pieces and then there is the tape . The back bottom looks really straight compared to rest of the book. I know it's a grail but I would listen to some of the posted advice . I think you would need to do some more homework and see the book.

1.0, low page quality, with a decent chance of trimming to the top/bottom cover edges...they look pretty crisp given the overall wear of the book.

how can you tell a comic has been trimmed?

I can't tell for sure, but as I said, the cover's overhang edges look suspiciously sharp given the amount of wear the book has been through.

If you think buying this book will be an easy moneymaking opportunity, I would disagree. Way too many potential risks, and I don't see how pressing or whatever will much improve it.

If the book really is a grail for you, your call, but proceed with extreme caution.

how can you tell a comic has been trimmed?

I can't tell for sure, but as I said, the cover's overhang edges look suspiciously sharp given the amount of wear the book has been through.

If you think buying this book will be an easy moneymaking opportunity, I would disagree. Way too many potential risks, and I don't see how pressing or whatever will much improve it.

If the book really is a grail for you, your call, but proceed with extreme caution.

ok I'll sleep on it and decide

I think if you put heat to an already fragile book, your going to do a lot more damage to it. Calling Joey Post.

would he be able to help?

I was referring to his opinion on this matter. He would definatley be the one to ask about applying heat to a fragile book like this.

Pressing will not improve this book regardless IMO.