• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

FORBES: Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool' Costume Might Be The Best Big Screen Superhero Costume Yet

I don’t particularly like the comic book character known as Deadpool. I mean, I think he’s fine, so far as Deathstroke parodies go. I think he can be used well, and I get his appeal, even though I don’t personally find him all that appealing. But hot damn if his costume in the upcoming movie – starring Ryan Reynolds – isn’t just about perfect.

Ryan Reynolds says a Wolverine cameo in Deadpool depends on scheduling

While it is not a lock that Jackman can make it happen, here is what Reynolds told News.Com.Au.

“God I hope so, that would be really nice. I dunno, we’ll see. It seems like he’s open to it, but it’s gonna be more of a scheduling issue than anything else.”

Rob Liefeld Compares Deadpool To A Quentin Tarantino Movie

"Everything that made the -script so unique is still there and it's still intact. Down to the R-rating, and I'm sorry kids. I have kids, too, and my daughter's not seeing it," joked Liefeld at the Amazing Las Vegas Comic Con. "Deadpool's pretty hardcore, it's pretty awesome. When I first read it, I thought 'this is the voice of Tarantino in a comic book movie,' which is perfect because Deadpool is more crime-oriented, action-oriented, obviously, and Tarantino has got a great sense of humor."

Marvel Throws Shade On Fox: We Are NOT Involved With 'Deadpool'!

Back in September, Variety ran a story that heavily implied that "Fox and Marvel" were moving forward with Deadpool. While that likely helped Fox out since, in the eyes of casual mainstream fans, Marvel is the hottest thing in Hollywood...Marvel wanted to make it very clear that they have zero to do with Deadpool, Fox, or X-Men.

In an email to Fox' Bob Cohen, Marvel exec John Turitzin basically tells Fox to stop that misrepresentation from ever happening again.

"I’m writing to you to correct the misimpression left by reporting concerning Fox’s plans for a Deadpool motion picture. According to a September 18, 2014 report in Variety, 'Fox and Marvel have slotted Deadpool, their long in development X-Men spin-off for Feb. 12, 2016.' As you are aware, Marvel has no involvement in the decision to produce a Deadpool film, let alone when that film will be released. The article continues with the falsehood that Kevin Feige is producing the film with Lauren Schuler Donner. Kevin Feige will have no involvement in a Deadpool motion picture, should Fox decide to produce one, and we will not be designating Kevin as an executive producer for any of the films made under the X-Men license (unless we advise you otherwise)."

He then goes on to say:

"We can’t determine, of course, the extent to which that misimpression was created or fostered by Fox, but please ask your people to be careful not to imply that Marvel Studios or its personnel are producing any of the X-Men films licensed to Fox by Marvel and to correct any reports that suggest otherwise. Misrepresentations in press reports lead to inaccurate speculation that there could be cross-overs between Marvel Studios produced movies and those produced under license by Fox."

Wow!

doh!

Producer Simon Kinberg Says 'Deadpool' Will Be Hard-R

Famed X-Men and Fantastic Four producer Simon Kinberg recently spoke with Entertainment Weekly about Fox’s upcoming star-child ‘Deadpool.’ In their discussion Simon pretty much calmed the beating hearts of gung-ho Deadpool fans who were worried about the film’s rating and went on to confirm that it will indeed be rated R. A hard R.

“Deadpool is a hard R. It’s graphic. Nothing is taboo. You either commit to a truly outrageous boundary-pushing kind of movie or you don’t.”

“I felt Fight Club and Tyler Durden were good corollaries… We are in strip clubs and dive bars and crappy apartments and far away from the shiny X-Men world.”

:whee:

Rob Liefeld hiding 24 Deadpool sketches at SDCC & we'll have the first clue!

"I'm celebrating the big, huge 24th year that Deadpool is having by hiding 24 Deadpool drawings in all shapes and sizes all over the greater comic-con staging area. This extends from the convention center to the gas lamp district and surrounding restaurants. Also at the various parties I'll be attending. I want to give something back to the tremendous fan following Deadpool has enjoyed since I introduced him in the pages of New Mutants #98!

I'll be posting clues at various websites as well and joblo.com will have the very first clue! Fans looking to track these sketches should follow me on my social networks such as twitter, Instagram and periscope."

dp-liefeld-sketch.jpg