• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Room Poster

37 posts in this topic

I've got 4 pieces that I have yet to hang up. If you have a Ross Dress For Less nearby, they get in the Marvel and DC wooden posters with the comic covers for $9.99. I've picked up Amazing Fantasy 15, Amazing Spiderman 122, Avengers 58, and Fantastic Four 45. Also just grabbed a HUGE Amazing Fantasy woodframe poster for $20.

Randy:

How big is the room / area / space these are all going in?

I wonder if her issue isn't the scale of these things. You do need a pretty massive space for multiple large items like five foot long posters, 1:1 statues, etc.

If the place looks like a nerdsplosion, maybe that's where she's coming from. I personally prefer less is more when it comes to nerdy stuff on display. A few tasteful pieces, like the schomburgs above, can look fine, but then again we've all seen those floor to ceiling nerd caves that are a huge amount of comic clutter. Those are fun in a way too, but ultimately less pleasing to the eye.

Obviously I've never seen the space, but maybe her reaction is just that its a little too much. Or perhaps not, I am just spitballing here.

Either way, its a pretty badazz poster :insane:

My girlfriend likes my posters even though some are very large like the Captain America poster next to this "full size" Wolverine poster!

14769184674_76a3910246_b.jpg

If I had had my way it would have been the same size Black Widow poster so she isn't complaining (:

Randy:

How big is the room / area / space these are all going in?

I wonder if her issue isn't the scale of these things. You do need a pretty massive space for multiple large items like five foot long posters, 1:1 statues, etc.

If the place looks like a nerdsplosion, maybe that's where she's coming from. I personally prefer less is more when it comes to nerdy stuff on display. A few tasteful pieces, like the schomburgs above, can look fine, but then again we've all seen those floor to ceiling nerd caves that are a huge amount of comic clutter. Those are fun in a way too, but ultimately less pleasing to the eye.

Obviously I've never seen the space, but maybe her reaction is just that its a little too much. Or perhaps not, I am just spitballing here.

Either way, its a pretty badazz poster :insane:

In some cases it is a space issue...the 50 long boxes in my bedroom and 20 in the living room definitely affect her neatness OCD. The superman bust is completely out of her way in my movie room, but she just thinks it's ridiculous. Plus it's scared the out of her a few times when she's walked in there.

As for the poster, I think it's more the fact that it looks like a kaleidoscope barfed up a box of crayons it just ate. The room I'm making into my comic room is about 11' x 10' with nothing on the walls yet so I think it will be fine.

I'm getting close to being able post some pics in the showcase your comic room forum.

I think inside a dedicated comic room, no comic related merchandise is tacky. That's what the Superman lampshades and curtains are for. Make the room as comic book inspired as you like.

Now, in the living room, that's another story entirely. Keep the poster out of there and the wife aught to be happy.

So I've been setting up a comic room, and buying some posters/wall art for it. I recently picked up an Alex Ross poster of A Crisis on Infinite Earths...seen below...as it's on of my favourite story lines. It's a huge poster at 5' x 2' so it is quite eye catching to say the least.

coie_poster1a.jpg

My girlfriend who puts up with my hobby laughed her off saying just when she thought I couldn't get anything tackier than the 1:1 superman bust from sideshow, I outdid myself. I realize it's whether I like it or not that counts, but I'm curious what the eclectic group of board members I now consider friends think.

Also, do you have any pieces of art/statues/pictures you love and your significant other was not impressed with. If so, post em.

I just had a seizure...

My wife was pretty skeptical about me putting a 12 foot long Spider-Man poster in our den but once I got it up she admitted it looks pretty killer:

IMG_0540_zpse790982f.jpg

I'm more impressed that I don't see any seams in the horizontal part of the frame. That's a big one :o

Did you use baseboard or some kind of trim or molding from a hardware store?

My wife was pretty skeptical about me putting a 12 foot long Spider-Man poster in our den but once I got it up she admitted it looks pretty killer:

I'm more impressed that I don't see any seams in the horizontal part of the frame. That's a big one :o

It's just cheapo pine trim from Home Depot. They were 10 ft. pieces so I do have a seam on the top and bottom. I just took some wall plaster and filled those; you can't really see them unless you are right on top of it.

It's just cheapo pine trim from Home Depot. They were 10 ft. pieces so I do have a seam on the top and bottom. I just took some wall plaster and filled those; you can't really see them unless you are right on top of it.

Looks good, very unique. Probably saved $500 by framing it yourself too

IMG_0540_zpse790982f.jpg

That looks pretty awesome :applause: