• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Daredevil, Marvel's Batman?

93 posts in this topic

Daredevil doesn't have this envious alter ego that Bruce Wayne... super rich.. good looking.. enjoys the ladies....

Daredevil cannot even see the ladies...... so much he is missing... :/

If you read DD, you'll know the dude is super pimp. Like seriously, guys had more tail than a jackrabbit. 3 of em died too. Crazy bad luck.

Either way... sometimes it's better not to see em ;)

Black Widow (obsessed with DD)

Elektra

Typhoid Mary

Karen Page ("actress")

Heather Glenn (socialite hottie)

Black Cat (basically forcing herself on DD and his response was "too busy right now")

2 other pretty prominent ones.

Maya Lopez. The deaf chick who he rebounds with after Karen dies.

Milla- He marries her!

Daredevil doesn't have this envious alter ego that Bruce Wayne... super rich.. good looking.. enjoys the ladies....

If you read DD, you'll know the dude is super pimp. Like seriously, guys had more tail than a jackrabbit. 3 of em died too. Crazy bad luck.

Elektra

Typhoid Mary

Karen Page ("actress")

Black Cat (basically forcing herself on DD and his response was "too busy right now")

Milla- He marries her!

I never really liked Echo. (shrug)

And Milla is cool - but I wouldn't use her as an argument to rebut Batman's women. :grin:

Elektra

Typhoid Mary

Karen Page ("actress")

Milla- He marries her!

I never really liked Echo. (shrug)

And Milla is cool - but I wouldn't use her as an argument to rebut Batman's women. :grin:

haha

I think Matt could totally score MJ. In fact, Marvel should totally go 90's teen drama here and have Peter catch MJ and Matt in the act. Forget the villains showing up every time, lets pit Superhero vs. Superhero!

Marvel's next summer blockbuster! "Three's company!"

I think Matt could totally score MJ. In fact, Marvel should totally go 90's teen drama here and have Peter catch MJ and Matt in the act. Forget the villains showing up every time, lets pit Superhero vs. Superhero!

Marvel's next summer blockbuster! "Three's company!"

JJJ could be the landlord that always comes in at awkward times.

Nobody has the quality of rogues gallery that Batman, Spider-Man, and the FF have. And Daredevil's villains were often just lame. Stiltman? Really? A guy on stilts?

Kingpin? Elektra? Bullseye?

There are some good ones. I'm surprised to see FF on your list. I don't think their rogues gallery is in the same ballpark as Batman.

I have always thought the concept behind Daredevil was original and brilliant. Of all super-heroes, he has the most plausible and useful secret identity. I mean, who would ever think this blind lawyer is really a guy in a red suit swinging around town and fighting crime. There is really no way anyone would ever suspect it (if he actually kept his secrets to himself that is). Being a lawyer also has the added benefit of allowing him to fight crime from two angles, with one identity aiding the other in a perfect symbiosis. Of course his secret weapon is his hyper-senses, not a flashy super-power, but ever so useful and if handled right by his writers, has made for some great scenes and plot angles, (and as far as I'm concerned, was displayed and used quite well in the Daredevil movie). So after all these years, I'm still impressed with Daredevil and think it is one of Stan Lee's best creations.

Stiltman's awesome.

Wish I could post that panel page from Vol. 2 when, after Daredevil's secret identity was revealed at trial, he just shows up at Murdock's law offices with the hydraulic stilt suit in a cardboard box and straight gives it to him, muttering, "All these years - I was beaten by a blind guy? I give up."

Some also find him a little too similar to Spider-Man.

- murder of his father (Jack Murdock) / father figure (Uncle Ben) creating a motivation to fight crime

- bookish, intellectual

- powers gained in a radioactive accident

- swings around NY using a billy club cable rather than a web line

I always found it interesting that, like a bat, Daredevil has an echo location sense - same idea.

Personally, a great character with long runs of excellent stories over the last fifteen years or so.

The thread really should read Batman is DC's Daredevil. I am sorry, but the gritty stuff all came from Frank Miller in Daredevil's run before he did Batman. Hell The Killing Joke is just a retelling of a Daredevil story as well by Alan Moore. The Joker is Bullseye and Batgirl is Elektra. In a one on one fight no weapons, gadgets, and etc Daredevil wins every time. Heck Spidey is the Robin of Marvel Comics he is everyone's sidekick including SuperPro.

In that the DK movies are as dumb as the Daredevil movie, the answer is yes.

I have always thought the concept behind Daredevil was original and brilliant. Of all super-heroes, he has the most plausible and useful secret identity. I mean, who would ever think this blind lawyer is really a guy in a red suit swinging around town and fighting crime. There is really no way anyone would ever suspect it (if he actually kept his secrets to himself that is). Being a lawyer also has the added benefit of allowing him to fight crime from two angles, with one identity aiding the other in a perfect symbiosis. Of course his secret weapon is his hyper-senses, not a flashy super-power, but ever so useful and if handled right by his writers, has made for some great scenes and plot angles, (and as far as I'm concerned, was displayed and used quite well in the Daredevil movie). So after all these years, I'm still impressed with Daredevil and think it is one of Stan Lee's best creations.

Very true! :devil:

153a0f93-ea62-4242-ae2b-a8b17a38d557_zps9d3b70ab.jpg

Very true! :devil:

153a0f93-ea62-4242-ae2b-a8b17a38d557_zps9d3b70ab.jpg

Yep, he'd kick Matt Murdock's .

Some also find him a little too similar to Spider-Man.

- murder of his father (Jack Murdock) / father figure (Uncle Ben) creating a motivation to fight crime

- bookish, intellectual

- powers gained in a radioactive accident

- swings around NY using a billy club cable rather than a web line

I always found it interesting that, like a bat, Daredevil has an echo location sense - same idea.

Personally, a great character with long runs of excellent stories over the last fifteen years or so.

I was about to make this point too. I always thought that Batman should have been blind with echo radar, like Daredevil. That's much more "bat like". That said, it would probably seem like Bruce was bitten by a radioactive bat.

When Marvel and DC did the Amalgam series'... I was wondering if they'd do "Bat-Devil" or Dare-Bat" lol... but they went with Dark Claw. I bet some artists here could come up with some decent Amalgams of Batman and Daredevil.