• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC stepped up and fixed the problem. Kudos!

155 posts in this topic

Ah. I assumed it was a phone conversation.

Either way, if CGC knew that the book had come to them from the OP, as opposed to someone who was authorised to crack it out, then this shouldn't have happened (i.e. the book shouldn't have been given a yellow label). And if they thought that the book had come to them from someone who was authorised to crack it out, then I'm not sure I get why they asked for before and after scans.

Anyway, the board seems happy! I haven't read every post so no doubt I've missed something.

Not at all. Paul thought Kenny cracked the book. He didn't. Big Mistake.

I have to admit, I'm curious about how a conversation like this:

I saw this thread and talked to Litch, saying that I trusted him to be on the up and up.. asked if Todd provided before scans of everything he had, could he retain the SS.

Paul said to have Todd send him everything he had, and he would take a look.

resulted in the impression that he'd cracked the book himself.

(shrug)

Paul said he just scanned the email and didn't read it fully. It happens.

Really, don't sound that way given the following..................

But it's all fixed now so no worries.

Not at all. Paul thought Kenny cracked the book. He didn't. Big Mistake.

I have to admit, I'm curious about how a conversation like this:

I saw this thread and talked to Litch, saying that I trusted him to be on the up and up.. asked if Todd provided before scans of everything he had, could he retain the SS.

resulted in the impression that he'd cracked the book himself.

(shrug)

Paul said he just scanned the email and didn't read it fully. It happens.

Really, don't sound that way given the following..................

But it's all fixed now so no worries.

Well, when ya put it that way, it sounds like somebody is lying about how this all went down. :whistle:

Dude deslabbed an SS Hulk 1, then sent to CGC to get new slab/grade. His buddy said its cool CGC I witnessed it-give him the yellow label. They did. Then all hell broke loose. CGC guy bought the book and decommissioned it, once again proving CGC LISTENS to boardies....

When I have more time I'll read the entire thread (and related threads). In the meantime, anybody want to offer a summary?

CGC made a mistake by putting a book in a yellow label, people lit their torches thinking there was something shady going on, Paul admitted that CGC made a mistake and bought the book back and now some people are performing an inquisition.

Dude deslabbed an SS Hulk 1, then sent to CGC to get new slab/grade. His buddy said its cool CGC I witnessed it-give him the yellow label. They did. Then all hell broke loose. CGC guy bought the book and decommissioned it, once again proving CGC LISTENS to boardies....

You have managed to get this wrong.

It was a 'news anchor's' summary....

He's no Steve Borock.

He's no Steve Borock.

Steve Borock could summarize the entire thing in detail with one word

He's no Steve Borock.

Steve Borock could summarize the entire thing in detail with one word

Not even one word.

You would just look at him and know

Not even that-with Borock around no one doesnt automatically know exactly what happened. The guy who asked was just joshin.