• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last big book of '04...and perhaps beyond!!

14 posts in this topic

Hey folks, just wanted to share my last big purchase of '04. Like many of you, insane.gif, I spent way too much on funnybooks this year, and I forsee a need to slow things down in '05. So this may be my last big prize for a little while. Yeah right, I say that now! insane.gif

Anywho, this one's a recent buy from comiclink...just came in the mail today. Slabbed at 3.5 (with white pages!!!). Methinks the grade is very conservative on this one, as it's really a stunning book (maybe a resub candidate should I ever choose to sell...?). Check it out, I'm pleased as punch with this classic-cover beauty! cloud9.gif

Oh, and PS , that's not a crack on the left-hand side of the case. Just a piece of cat-hair left on the scanning glass from the last time my kitty Marvin tried to scan her butt.

671402-MoreFun62CGC3.5.JPG.bf94738fba429aec00fe2d955b7acc19.JPG

Mind you, I'd have cracked the slab within 30 seconds of receipt.

Same here! All of my slabbed books get unslabbed, usually on the day of receipt. I save the CGC label, but I want to be able to look at my books.

I haven't uncorked this book, as I want to show it to a few non-comics folks who appreciate my hobby and I'm afraid they'll mangle it. But after I've had fun showing my prize off to my pals I may crack it open... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I've got that Golden Age Spectre Archive with the reprint of the #62 story in it...it's a fun one!