• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's Cool! It's Old! It Hasn't Been Done Yet! The Strange Tales #101 Club!
1 1

117 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

I'm biased in its favor, but I genuinely believe that Strange Tales #101 is a legitimate key. Taking over a title that early in the Marvel timeline matters more than, for example, Morbius headlining in Fear during the 70s.

Agreed!!! It's A very early entry into superheroes for Marvel at a time when they were just trying to find their footing at the newsstand. They must've had faith in the Torch to sell some mags. 

On 6/10/2020 at 11:00 AM, Frisco Larson said:

They must've had faith in the Torch to sell some mags. 

The Human Torch was the breakout star from the single digit FF issues. They moved the focus to Mr. Fantastic after that, but The Thing stole the show. After FF 25, there was no turning back.

On 10/25/2017 at 7:50 PM, Dave2739 said:

I'm sure I've posted this before but I wanted a cool thread to drop my 400th post. Only took me a little over 4 years. I figure it'll be 2024 before I get to 1000!

ST_12Cents.JPG

You’re two years ahead of schedule! 

This is a book that was a forgotten book. I saw it at a local shop, thumbed thru it to discover a missing centerfold. Expressing that I'd still be interested, though not at that price (tape on spine, low grade copy), they had to set it aside (they DID sticker it as cfo) and have the boss decide the new price. Well, it sat in the back awaiting a price ... for perhaps 6 months until I inquired again on a visit. It was found and quickly repriced. A crisp $50 bill on the counter and out the door I went. Now, I DO prefer my books to be complete AND I have multiple copies of this issue already, but this story speaks to how much I love this book and when I see an inexpensive one in person, I have a hard time saying no. I still think it's a key book and I guess I always will. :banana:

Strange Tales 101 cfo.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson