• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculation has officially jumped the shark

127 posts in this topic

Every time someone shows off a Shazam 28, I feel like asking, "Do you have a Marvel Family 1, the actual first Black Adam? No? Then shut up."

Is that wrong? :devil:

It's not wrong as long as you don't actually ask them.

Speculation runs in every form of collecting. You don't buy a $1,000 Golden Age book and expect it to lose money. You buy it for your collection with the EXPECTATION that it either stays at or exceeds what you paid for the book. It's still speculation.

Collect what you collect and love it but don't think that because you collect GA or SA or whatever you collect, that you are any better than a "speculator". Do I think Squirrel Girl is going to continue to rise, no, I think it's a terrible character. But I've been wrong before. Once. Horrible feeling.

Every time someone shows off a Shazam 28, I feel like asking, "Do you have a Marvel Family 1, the actual first Black Adam? No? Then shut up."

Speculation runs in every form of collecting. You don't buy a $1,000 Golden Age book and expect it to lose money. You buy it for your collection with the EXPECTATION that it either stays at or exceeds what you paid for the book. It's still speculation.

Collect what you collect and love it but don't think that because you collect GA or SA or whatever you collect, that you are any better than a "speculator". Do I think Squirrel Girl is going to continue to rise, no, I think it's a terrible character. But I've been wrong before. Once. Horrible feeling.

Hollywood could take Squirrel Girl and make her a star like Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Star-Lord and Drax.

The game has changed.

Who would have ever thought more people rather go watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 then Amazing Spider-Man 3?

;)

Who would have ever thought more people rather go watch Guardians of the Galaxy 2 then Amazing Spider-Man 3?

;)

:sorry:

This is why Disney needs to make some deal with Sony. Even if it is to partner with them so that a quality movie can be made. Spider-Man should be leading the way on the big screen.

;)

This is why Disney needs to make some deal with Sony. Even if it is to partner with them so that a quality movie can be made. Spider-Man should be leading the way on the big screen.

All Sony has to do is make a good movie and Spider-man would be up at the top.

I think its going to be quite hard for people to find a MF # 1 so they look for the next best thing. I have a few Shazam # 28's but thats because I have always liked Captain Marvel more than Superman. And before you ask........

scan0082_zps38e41064.jpg

;)

All Sony has to do is make a good movie and Spider-man would be up at the top.

I just don't think Sony gets it though. They can't decide if they want Spider-Man to be a family movie or dark and gritty. I felt like ASM 2 had moments where they just got it, but then it was awful. Some of the Peter/Gwen moments were on mark, but the other stuff was a mess.

I also don't think Spider-Man has the best rogues gallery. They're some fun villains and they make for good characters, but they aren't as appealing as someone like Batman. Sony seems to think they can build an entire universe out of it, and I just don't think they can. They are stumbling in to the DC territory where they are trying to force a squire peg through a round hole.

I read Batman to see how Batman solves the crime and catches the bad guy. I read Spider-Man to see how Peter sorts out his life while being a super hero. Sony needs to figure out how to capture what makes Spidey unique. I felt like the first two Spider-Man films did a best job with it. The casting wasn't great though…

I read Batman to see how Batman solves the crime and catches the bad guy. I read Spider-Man to see how Peter sorts out his life while being a super hero. Sony needs to figure out how to capture what makes Spidey unique. I felt like the first two Spider-Man films did a best job with it. The casting wasn't great though…

This is what made the 2002 Spider-man movie so great. They really emphasized the interpersonal relationships over the superheroics. They got me right from the start: "this, like any other story worth telling, is all about a girl."

Tobey Maguire was a great Peter Parker, he could be so ordinary-looking as Peter, which I think is key. Remember how Black Cat freaked out when he revealed his identity to her? She couldn't stand how bland Peter was.

The crazy rigid goblin mask was a misstep though, they should've come up with something else for that to not completely block Willem Dafoe's face.

The market is insane right now but will add that people are paying the prices and until they stop paying hundreds for books that were $1 a week earlier it will continue. But seems that the asking prices for $1 bin books has gone up incredibly . I look for common bronze age issue on ebay like say Battle Star Galacticca #1 etc and they are being asked for $10+ but thank goodness they are not getting that. Seems its once a character is mentioned as being in a movie or tv show that the price just blast off.

I think its going to be quite hard for people to find a MF # 1 so they look for the next best thing. I have a few Shazam # 28's but thats because I have always liked Captain Marvel more than Superman. And before you ask........

(thumbs u

yep, courtesy of Dr.Balls I think sold it to me. It's a high BIN. Just as every other AIF19 is in CGC is inflated.

If you didn't believe in the duck when they announced he'd be in the credits, you'll believe in the squirrel. the dog is coming, and just wait until the frog, monkey, and donkey are announced.

I really can`t think of any DC or Independent equivalents to Hulk #371,Marvel Super-Heroes 8, Marvel Preview 4 and 7?

----------

Batman 227. Low grade copies of this book are $200 because it has a cool cover. There some other Batman/Detectives that have similar wackiness going on.

New Teen Titans 2.

DC Presents 47 (He-Man)

DC Presents 26(?) NTT preview

As for MSH 8, there are a lot of DC issues that fetch $20-$40 that are not significant first. Look at that Joker cover from a few years ago that gets big money.

I don't think you mean Hulk 371, I think you mean the other issue with the 4 printings. Those are expensive solely due to rarity. The first and perhaps the second printing are dollar books.

I really can`t think of any DC or Independent equivalents to Hulk #371,Marvel Super-Heroes 8, Marvel Preview 4 and 7?

----------

Batman 227. Low grade copies of this book are $200 because it has a cool cover. There some other Batman/Detectives that have similar wackiness going on.

New Teen Titans 2.

DC Presents 47 (He-Man)

DC Presents 26(?) NTT preview

As for MSH 8, there are a lot of DC issues that fetch $20-$40 that are not significant first. Look at that Joker cover from a few years ago that gets big money.

I don't think you mean Hulk 371, I think you mean the other issue with the 4 printings. Those are expensive solely due to rarity. The first and perhaps the second printing are dollar books.

:gossip: I think he meant IH 271

I bought 7 Marvel Year in Review 1992.. Its 2nd appearnace of Squirrel girl.. Cameo.. Magazine... Their so cheap now you cant go wrong w the price..

If Squirrel is going to be as big as rocket/deadpool/harley any early appearances are gonna be sought after

I bought 7 Marvel Year in Review 1992.. Its 2nd appearnace of Squirrel girl.. Cameo.. Magazine... Their so cheap now you cant go wrong w the price..

If Squirrel is going to be as big as rocket/deadpool/harley any early appearances are gonna be sought after

Deadpool > harley Quinn > rocket raccoon

-J.

Fixed that for you.....

Squirrel Girl > Deadpool > harley Quinn > rocket raccoon :)

-J.

Fixed that for you.....

Squirrel Girl > Deadpool > harley Quinn > rocket raccoon :)

-J.

:takeit:

This board needs more speculation about when the bubble is going to burst.

That's easy! Once the zombies come, our comics will only be good for kindling and TP. Now let's get back to Raccoon Girl the Duck. I've got imaginary kids to put through college.