• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Super-Heroes #18 GOTG sells for 10k. wow

99 posts in this topic

I am not going to say its a book worth anything . I dont worry about prices and done care if they are high (unless I want to buy it) but I think this is the most important GOTG book . Sure its not the exact team but its the first app of the group who have changed member's over the years. The Avengers have a different lineup in the comics and in the next movie but Avengers #1 is the first app of the group. There is the first app of the group as a whole and then there is the first app of the movie group which will change a little each movie release. So for the avengers we have Avengers #1 which is the first app of the group and the movie (first movie) and then there is somewhere the first app of the 2nd movie group where Scarlet and QuickSilver join.

For Guardians we have Marvel Super Heroes #18 the first app of the Guardians of the Galaxy group (and yondu) and Analiation Conquest # 1or 6 is the first app of the movie group.

I do own this book but not selling and its a gd-vg copy anyway . I also dont think its worth what it supposedly sold for, all I am saying is that this is a key book considering the popularity of the movie . Also they did say they will introduce other Guardians in the nest movie and going forward so this group may all show up at some point.

I keep hearing that the GOTG changed team members and that is why this comic is important. I'm pretty sure this is nothing like the Avengers or JLA with a rotating cast of characters.

The original Guardians of the Galaxy took place in the 31st century in an alternate universe than the Marvel 616 (main) universe. The Guardians of the Galaxy from the 2008 comic take place in the Marvel 616 universe and are contemporaries with the other Marvel universe characters. The only thing these comics have in common is the name of the team.

So, you are buying this comic (MSH 18) for the title of the comic. Not because this is some team with a rotating cast of characters. :eyeroll:

I am not going to say its a book worth anything . I dont worry about prices and done care if they are high (unless I want to buy it) but I think this is the most important GOTG book . Sure its not the exact team but its the first app of the group who have changed member's over the years. The Avengers have a different lineup in the comics and in the next movie but Avengers #1 is the first app of the group. There is the first app of the group as a whole and then there is the first app of the movie group which will change a little each movie release. So for the avengers we have Avengers #1 which is the first app of the group and the movie (first movie) and then there is somewhere the first app of the 2nd movie group where Scarlet and QuickSilver join.

For Guardians we have Marvel Super Heroes #18 the first app of the Guardians of the Galaxy group (and yondu) and Analiation Conquest # 1or 6 is the first app of the movie group.

I do own this book but not selling and its a gd-vg copy anyway . I also dont think its worth what it supposedly sold for, all I am saying is that this is a key book considering the popularity of the movie . Also they did say they will introduce other Guardians in the nest movie and going forward so this group may all show up at some point.

I keep hearing that the GOTG changed team members and that is why this comic is important. I'm pretty sure this is nothing like the Avengers or JLA with a rotating cast of characters.

The original Guardians of the Galaxy took place in the 31st century in an alternate universe than the Marvel 616 (main) universe. The Guardians of the Galaxy from the 2008 comic take place in the Marvel 616 universe and are contemporaries with the other Marvel universe characters. The only thing these comics have in common is the name of the team.

So, you are buying this comic (MSH 18) for the title of the comic. Not because this is some team with a rotating cast of characters. :eyeroll:

:applause:

For precision’s sake, the Guardians of the Galaxy are from the 31st century of a possible future of the Marvel universe. The concept of "alternate universes" was alien to Marvel until bad writing made a practice out of the time travel storylines and banalized and leveled the idea to the poorest extreme, emptying most of the reflections (and of the artistic value) of the stories.

So yes, generally speaking they have nothing to do with Marvel is doing now, but this goes for everything they have been doing in late years, as I never get tired to repeat.

They may use Vance Astro, or Starhawk, but they are just not Vance Astro and Starhawk as the Marvel Age delineated them.

10K for the first logo. That makes sense. :sick:

I love the only 6 graded in 9.6 logic too. Watch what the census goes up to if the 10K did take place and that turns into the normal sale price for that comic. I bet it will have more issues graded, then Hulk #181 within 6 months. :sumo:

Stopped in my LCS today.....and told my friend about the supposed 10K sale. He told me he has a stack of MSH #18s somewhere.....they stopped putting it on the wall, cause no one ever bought them. :screwy:

Didn't know I was so prophetic . but wanted to be clear that I do not in any shape think this book is a 10k book. Don't even think its a 1k book. Its a key but a very common book and not hard to find and as far as I can see not that sought after.just giving my opinion

For precision’s sake, the Guardians of the Galaxy are from the 31st century of a possible future of the Marvel universe. The concept of "alternate universes" was alien to Marvel until bad writing made a practice out of the time travel storylines and banalized and leveled the idea to the poorest extreme, emptying most of the reflections (and of the artistic value) of the stories.

So yes, generally speaking they have nothing to do with Marvel is doing now, but this goes for everything they have been doing in late years, as I never get tired to repeat.

They may use Vance Astro, or Starhawk, but they are just not Vance Astro and Starhawk as the Marvel Age delineated them.

True.

And if alternate universes make the characters and teams completely unrelated then I guess Action 1 is only the first appearance of Superman earth 1? And Superman earth 2 is a completely unrelated character that has nothing to do with the other? And so on..and on..

And Yondo?

10K for the first logo. That makes sense. :sick:

I love the only 6 graded in 9.6 logic too. Watch what the census goes up to if the 10K did take place and that turns into the normal sale price for that comic. I bet it will have more issues graded, then Hulk #181 within 6 months. :sumo:

Stopped in my LCS today.....and told my friend about the supposed 10K sale. He told me he has a stack of MSH #18s somewhere.....they stopped putting it on the wall, cause no one ever bought them. :screwy:

Nobody graded the damn book,because nobody cared. Only 6 graded 9.6 ? :roflmao:

True.

And if alternate universes make the characters and teams completely unrelated then I guess Action 1 is only the first appearance of Superman earth 1? And Superman earth 2 is a completely unrelated character that has nothing to do with the other? And so on..and on..

And Yondo?

No offense but nobody gives an f--- about "yondo" and nobody spent "$10k" on the book because it is his first appearance. Just sayin.....

-J.

True.

And Yondo?

No offense but nobody gives an f--- about "yondo" and nobody spent "$10k" on the book because it is his first appearance. Just sayin.....

-J.

Give the guy a break. He is comparing Guardians to Action #1 now. :insane: Maybe he forgot his meds today. Must have a case of this book. :popcorn::banana:

True.

And Yondo?

-J.

Give the guy a break. He is comparing Guardians to Action #1 now. :insane: Maybe he forgot his meds today. Must have a case of this book. :popcorn::banana:

strofl.gif

Frank you kill me(figuratively of course no need to break out weapons) lol

thank you for a "RARE" common sense post on these boards, the CGC census is of no reliability to the real numbers of post 1967 comics, there are only 3000 some members of CGC at this time. it goes without saying that that was an insane price paid for the comic , probably 20 times too much,

I am new to these boards and CGC collecting and I only collect golden age because of its rarity and I really am shocked at the comics people are having slabbed these days ..... brand new ones and paying $20 bucks each to slab drek

thank you for a "RARE" common sense post on these boards, the CGC census is of no reliability to the real numbers of post 1967 comics, there are only 3000 some members of CGC at this time. it goes without saying that that was an insane price paid for the comic , probably 20 times too much,

I am new to these boards and CGC collecting and I only collect golden age because of its rarity and I really am shocked at the comics people are having slabbed these days ..... brand new ones and paying $20 bucks each to slab drek

:applause: Here is someone who gets it. No way is that a real sale. And if it is.....it's the dumbest sale I have ever seen. :sumo: But what about Yondo??? Get the hell out O here.

:applause: Here is someone who gets it. No way is that a real sale. And if it is.....it's the dumbest sale I have ever seen. :sumo: But what about Yondo??? Get the hell out O here.

But...but..he's blue and he's got a red mohawk... :shy:

But...but..he's blue and he's got a red mohawk... :shy:

meh:baiting:

Guys need to quit picking on GOTG books. :sumo:

This book is as great as Avengers 1 or X-men 1. This book if so great someone paid 15k basically for a page from this book in the same auction granted it was probably only about a $800.00 page 3 years ago. (basing this on sales I saw and the double page title splash I bought etc. from this book) But that just goes to show you how great and important this book is now.

+1. This.

-J.