• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

I beg to differ. In this particular case he was negotiating with the seller in a PM in a listing where he knew an I'll take it in the thread would negate his negotiations. He says he agreed to a deal in PM but then did not "take it" in the thread until AFTER someone else already had. That tells me two things.: first: that he knew he has to formally "take it" in the thread to secure the book and second: that his PM negotiations had nothing to do with his wanting to keep the sale "private".

The buyer simply erred and lost out to another buyer that was ready willing and able to fully perform per the listing. Tough break but it happens.

-J.

If only there were someone, anyone, you could ask about whether what you "know" was correct or not. Or you could, you know, just keep conversing out of your anus.

You beat me to it but I was nicer.

Most people are nicer than me. But I win b/c mine was first.

Define "first".

Didn't any of you guys go to bed?

I highlighted the part Jay seems to keep going back to as his "proof" that transplant knew he had to post a :takeit: in the thread to get the book.

I disagree with why jay thinks Tran posted it.

I think Tran thought the deal was done, as would I under the circumstances, and when he saw the :takeit: in the thread AFTER he had made his deal, he went ahead and posted his :takeit: as a way of letting that person know that he had already bought it through PM.

Yep

This whole thing is BS. I pray that the next time one of you fools are running a sales thread someone REALLY wants to buy a book, but has terms they have to work with. Then before they negotiate realize it could just be a huge waste of time, because even though they can have a negotiated deal, the seller can back out due to stipulation. I will say this again. They had a deal that was mutually agreed upon, sales thread rules be damned. Dan backed put of the deal, end of story. And last I checked he has to follow through with the deal, or he can go on the probation list. If he was going to pull this, he needs to state that he is unwilling to negotiate, being as even though he created terms and they were accepted, he did not honor his deal, even though the terms were agreed upon BEFORE anyone posted the takeit in the thread. Saying he didn't read it first is BS. You are selling a 3k book, which you sent over terms for and didn't read the pm? Right.
Because I stand by this.

I beg to differ. In this particular case he was negotiating with the seller in a PM in a listing where he knew an I'll take it in the thread would negate his negotiations. He says he agreed to a deal in PM but then did not "take it" in the thread until AFTER someone else already had. That tells me two things.: first: that he knew he has to formally "take it" in the thread to secure the book and second: that his PM negotiations had nothing to do with his wanting to keep the sale "private".

The buyer simply erred and lost out to another buyer that was ready willing and able to fully perform per the listing. Tough break but it happens.

-J.

If only there were someone, anyone, you could ask about whether what you "know" was correct or not. Or you could, you know, just keep conversing out of your anus.

Define "first".

I highlighted the part Jay seems to keep going back to as his "proof" that transplant knew he had to post a :takeit: in the thread to get the book.

I think Tran thought the deal was done, as would I under the circumstances, and when he saw the :takeit: in the thread AFTER he had made his deal, he went ahead and posted his :takeit: as a way of letting that person know that he had already bought it through PM.

Again, it is irrelevant what Tran "thought" either way. The rules of the sales thread were spelled out by Dan upfront. One buyer performed and got the book, and the other did not. Roulette's first "I'll take it" in the thread "trumped ALL PMs" that had occurred. I'm not sure why so many on here continue to gloss over this inconvenient fact of the sales listing. (shrug)

-J.

-J.

Define "first".

Again, it is irrelevant what Tran "thought" either way. The rules of the sales thread were spelled out by Dan upfront. One buyer performed and got the book, and the other did not. Roulette's first "I'll take it" in the thread "trumped ALL PMs" that had occurred. I'm not sure why so many on here continue to gloss over this inconvenient fact of the sales listing. (shrug)

-J.

Then I guess that Spider Dan can hit the probation list as he agreed to sell Transplant a DD 1 through PM discussions, Transplant agreed to his terms and the book should have been sold. That agreement was made before the book sold ANYWHERE else. If you wanna split hairs, DAN should have put the book on hold as HE made the final terms requiring a yes or no. Does the final PM state if you agree, just post the :takeit: in the thread. If it does not, it is not required as there arrangements did not happen in the sales thread, which does not need to adhere to the rules of the sales thread. It became a private sale once terms were negotiated and accepted

This is becoming mind numbing

I'm amazed how it went around in circles. I literally see posts I made yesterday by others, and the responses I got by others.

It looks like the east coasters went to bed and the west coasters just started the argument over again :makepoint:

This is becoming mind numbing

I'm amazed how it went around in circles. I literally see posts I made yesterday by others, and the responses I got by others.

It looks like the east coasters went to bed and the west coasters just started the argument over again :makepoint:

The wrong coasters are "those" kind of people.

-J.

Define "first".

-J.

Then I guess that Spider Dan can hit the probation list as he agreed to sell Transplant a DD 1 through PM discussions, Transplant agreed to his terms and the book should have been sold. That agreement was made before the book sold ANYWHERE else. If you wanna split hairs, DAN should have put the book on hold as HE made the final terms requiring a yes or no. Does the final PM state if you agree, just post the :takeit: in the thread. If it does not, it is not required as there arrangements did not happen in the sales thread, which does not need to adhere to the rules of the sales thread. It became a private sale once terms were negotiated and accepted

The listing doesn't "need" to say that because it already warned that an i'll take it in the thread will render what is discussed in PMs moot. Trans chose to haggle and lost it. Again, why is no one putting any of this on him? If he or anyone else did not like the terms of the listing or that there was a very real possibility that you could lose out on the book if you started PM ing a seller anyway who said his price was firm, then he could have passed on the book. No one twisted Trans' arm to try to buy dan's book. Roulette spotted a good deal and performed to the specific criteria of the listing. His performance is indisputable, it leaves no wiggle room for interpretation and there is no gray area. It would be a travesty if Dan had disregarded his own listing rules and NOT given the book to roulette because, per the rules of the listing, his "first I'll take in the thread" "trumped ALL PMs". It doesn't matter WHAT was discussed in those PMs, if they discussed the weather, who might win the world series, or even if Dan said he would sell the book to Trans for $3.50. Roulette threw up the first I'll take it in the thread so he rightly won the right to buy the book in accordance with the listing rules.

-J.

-J.

Define "first".

-J.

The listing doesn't "need" to say that because it already warned that an i'll take it in the thread will render what is discussed in PMs moot. Trans chose to haggle and lost it. Again, why is no one putting any of this on him? If he or a anyone else did not like the terms of the listing or that there was a very real possibility that you could lose out on the book if you started PM ing a seller anyway who said his price was firm, then he could have passed on the book. No one twisted Trans' arm to try to be dan's book. Roulette spotted a good deal and performed to the specific criteria of the listing. His performance is indisputable, it leaves no wiggle room for interpretation and there is no gray area. It would be a travesty if Dan had disregarded his own listing rules and NOT given the book to roulette.

-J.

He agreed to a deal and did not follow through. He offered terms and Transplant accepted. He negated his own rules by setting new terms that were NOT in the guidelines.

-J.

Define "first".

-J.

The listing doesn't "need" to say that because it already warned that an i'll take it in the thread will render what is discussed in PMs moot. Trans chose to haggle and lost it. Again, why is no one putting any of this on him? If he or a anyone else did not like the terms of the listing or that there was a very real possibility that you could lose out on the book if you started PM ing a seller anyway who said his price was firm, then he could have passed on the book. No one twisted Trans' arm to try to be dan's book. Roulette spotted a good deal and performed to the specific criteria of the listing. His performance is indisputable, it leaves no wiggle room for interpretation and there is no gray area. It would be a travesty if Dan had disregarded his own listing rules and NOT given the book to roulette.

-J.

+1

simple fact, the listing says IN THREAD :takeit: wins all.. case close, you want to haggle prices, you risk the chance of losing out, it's happened many times before, and will happen many times in the future... 2c

-J.

Define "first".

-J.

-J.

+1

simple fact, the listing says IN THREAD :takeit: wins all.. case close, you want to haggle prices, you risk the chance of losing out, it's happened many times before, and will happen many times in the future... 2c

Simple Fact, the deal was made outside the thread. And it wasnt haggling, they agreed on a final deal.

Bottom line is this. IF Transplant chose to, he could wait 30 days and put Dan on the PL. They reached a mutually agreed upon deal, and then Dan sold the book under him.

And I'd imagine that when he sees this book in a 9.0 slab going for a lot more, he'll be even more motivated.

+1

With the substantial difference he agreed to offer the book at a different price, and then he did not read the PMs.

This situation has not a proper solution: if he stated in the rules that the :takeit: in the thread trumped everything he should have simply marked the book as "on hold" waiting for Transplant reply.

Given how things gone, it would have been up to the actual buyer to let Transplant have the book, but Dan should also remember to update the thread, precisely to avoid such situations. :)

Bottom line is this. IF Transplant chose to, he could wait 30 days and put Dan on the PL. They reached a mutually agreed upon deal, and then Dan sold the book under him.

And I'd imagine that when he sees this book in a 9.0 slab going for a lot more, he'll be even more motivated.

I am just saying that, it is ugly, and really simple. The sales thread rules do not pertain to PM negotiations. Dam set Final terms, Transplant agreed. That finalizes a deal.

-J.

Define "first".

-J.

-J.

He agreed to a deal and did not follow through. He offered terms and Transplant accepted. He negated his own rules by setting new terms that were NOT in the guidelines.

Dan didn't negate anything by entertaining trans' attempts to haggle in a PM. None of that changed his publicly posted rules.

Hey here's a crazy question ....If trans was so hot for the book, why didn't he just post the first I'll take it in the thread as the listing rules required ? Are we in backwards-world where the buyer who actually followed the listing guidelines "doesn't" get the book, and the guy decided to PM back and forth and didn't follow the listing guideline should ? Just because he "thought" he had a deal made in "PM" in a listing that said upfront, PM s don't matter if an unqualified I'll take it is posted in the thread first? Makes no sense to me.

-J.

+1

With the substantial difference he agreed to offer the book at a different price, and then he did not read the PMs.

This situation has not a proper solution: if he stated in the rules that the :takeit: in the thread trumped everything he should have simply marked the book as "on hold" waiting for Transplant reply.

Given how things gone, it would have been up to the actual buyer to let Transplant have the book, but Dan should also remember to update the thread, precisely to avoid such situations. :)

Dan sold the book under his terms, and then sold the book under a different set of his terms..

I am just saying that, it is ugly, and really simple. The sales thread rules do not pertain to PM negotiations. Dam set Final terms, Transplant agreed. That finalizes a deal.

Oh I'm agreeing with you…

But from my understanding, Spider Dan is a pretty nice go and generally an honest seller. His stuff is usually out of my reach, but he sells some nice stuff. I don't think the vote would pass and I think it would be sort of ugly.

-J.

Define "first".

-J.

-J.

Dan didn't negate anything by entertaining trans' attempts to haggle in a PM. None of that changed his publicly posted rules.

Hey here's a crazy question ....If trans was so hot for the book, why didn't he just post the first I'll take it in the thread as the listing rules required ? Are we in backwards-world where the buyer who actually followed the listing guidelines "doesn't" get the book, and the guy decided to PM back and forth and didn't follow the listing guideline should ? Just because he "thought" he had a deal made in "PM" in a listing that said upfront, PM s don't matter if an unqualified I'll take it is posted in the thread first? Makes no sense to me.

-J.

I can't even. DAN set the terms and Transplant agreed. THAT makes a deal. Thats it, no more to discuss, Dan backed out of his deal.

As I said, you can see the situation from both angles, as the rules weren’t so detailed to leave no room for interpretation – what settles it is the obligation of the seller to put "on hold" in the sales thread while the PM deal is discussed: this way, any possible :takeit: does not risk to result in an unpleasant situation.