• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

Wow. Seriously?

There's nothing wrong with the request. People have a habit of egging others on - it's called trolling and if you feel like you're being trolled (and it does happen to people who post a lot :whistle: ) it's OK to ask to have it stopped.

(shrug)

I'm sorry Roy... but do you think I'm "trolling" RMA?

Keep in mind that he has me on ignore and has to toggle my every post... plus the fact that I never interacted with him in any way UNTIL he quoted my post.

Instead of arguing, let's revamp the rules.

Here's the Rules, posted by the Architect. Basically there are no rules....

Note that BUYERS AND SELLERS HAVE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR TRANSACTIONS. We will not resolve disputes, and purchases and sales are done at your own risk.

We've already revamped the rules in the past to make things easier for not only us but the moderators. It's in everyone's best interest and I have no doubt Arch will post another update to the rules if we can agree as a community.

Let me ask this, 'IF' we had rules in place, how are they going to be enforced ? You can't make someone sell to someone if they don't want to.

Wow. Seriously?

There's nothing wrong with the request. People have a habit of egging others on - it's called trolling and if you feel like you're being trolled (and it does happen to people who post a lot :whistle: ) it's OK to ask to have it stopped.

(shrug)

Keep in mind that he has me on ignore and has to toggle my every post... plus the fact that I never interacted with him in any way UNTIL he quoted my post.

Roy thinks he sees trolls everywhere. Just :eyeroll:and move on.

It sounds like Transplant made an offer and Dan countered. Transplant took it and went out. Then the book sold in the sales thread at full price.

The simple fact that an apology thread was created seems to admit fault. I'm also surprised the second buyer didn't defer to Transplant.

------------

Lately I have gone into the sales thread and added a note like "Potential sale pending status of PM" when I have made a counteroffer to give others an idea that it might be accounted for. It's one way to avoid hurt feelings and let you step away from your computer. You have to be willing to accept the fact that someone may ultimately offer full ask in the thread and you are stuck with your counteroffer until a reasonably amount of time has passed or your withdraw it. And also accept that the counter may be rejected and you have a lost opportunity cost of people who passed on your listing thinking it was taken and who may not revisit it.

I do understand the concern about PM shenanigans and what not. It's not something that I as a buyer would pursue (I say that now, but I haven't had a scenario where "I take it" at $20 on a book worth $200...), but I worry about someone thinking that's going on when I am a seller. Goodwill on these boards is too precious to mess up like that for me at least (I'll mess it up in other ways like slow shipping).

Instead of arguing, let's revamp the rules.

Arguing is how rules ARE revamped.

You must hash things out, especially where there's disagreement.

All the Founders of the US did was argue, for several years, before the Constitution was finally adopted.

Arguing for a purpose is a necessary part of governance "of the people, by the people, and for the people."

I've had a couple PM sales deals with members here, and neither time did I post a :takeit: I guess I didn't know I had to, and thought the deal was done.

Both times the sellers posted that the book was sold via pm after we reached an agreement.

IMO, if the pm negotiations are still ongoing, and someone posts a :takeit: in the thread, than they get the book.

But if the deal has been reached via pm, and agreed to by both parties, than it shouldn't matter if someone posts 50 :takeit:'s in the thread, the book is already sold.

Just like with Ebay, if you're waiting to hear back about an offer you made, and someone hits the bin, it's gone.

But if the seller accepts your offer, than the sale is over, and the bin is no longer an option for anyone else.

My 2 cents

This.

Wow. Seriously?

(shrug)

Roy thinks he sees trolls everywhere. Just :eyeroll:and move on.

Sounds like a good plan... I will try it....

:eyeroll: ..... :cry: MY EYES !

:grin:

Wow. Seriously?

(shrug)

Yeah, that response did seem a little out of left field. (shrug)

@highradart - " Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's here.

Some of us welcome your input and hope you continue to contribute"

DON'T TALK ABOUT ME! :pullhair:

I don't usually sell here so forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question, but numerous sellers use timestamps on posts and/or PMs to determine who was first, so why isn't this a universal rule?

The more rules the more required enforcers. It is more of a free marketplace.