• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

APOLOGY NOT ACCEPTED - Thread has de-railed!!

1,110 posts in this topic

Wow. Seriously?

There's nothing wrong with the request. People have a habit of egging others on - it's called trolling and if you feel like you're being trolled (and it does happen to people who post a lot :whistle: ) it's OK to ask to have it stopped.

(shrug)

I'm sorry Roy... but do you think I'm "trolling" RMA?

Keep in mind that he has me on ignore and has to toggle my every post... plus the fact that I never interacted with him in any way UNTIL he quoted my post.

Yeah, that response did seem a little out of left field. (shrug)

@highradart - " Your opinion is just as valid as anyone else's here.

Some of us welcome your input and hope you continue to contribute"

DON'T TALK ABOUT ME! :pullhair:

Does someone have a meme for "I won't be ignored." It's sad but I have yet to post a meme. I'm not even sure how to. lol

Wow. Seriously?

There's nothing wrong with the request. People have a habit of egging others on - it's called trolling and if you feel like you're being trolled (and it does happen to people who post a lot :whistle: ) it's OK to ask to have it stopped.

(shrug)

Keep in mind that he has me on ignore and has to toggle my every post... plus the fact that I never interacted with him in any way UNTIL he quoted my post.

Does someone have a meme for "I won't be ignored." It's sad but I have yet to post a meme. I'm not even sure how to. lol

(thumbs u

Wow. Seriously?

(shrug)

tumblr_lswsyiRofY1qmxmrao1_r1_400.gif

Instead of arguing, let's revamp the rules.

Arguing is how rules ARE revamped.

You must hash things out, especially where there's disagreement.

All the Founders of the US did was argue, for several years, before the Constitution was finally adopted.

Arguing for a purpose is a necessary part of governance "of the people, by the people, and for the people."

RMA, so you are okay with this tactic ? Apparently used to not sell to a specific

:takeit:

'From this point forward first :takeit: wins over any ongoing negotiations.'

Wow. Seriously?

(shrug)

Really?

A direct response, which context you have cut out, to what highradart was saying to me...?

That's intellectually dishonest.

Highradart: "you put me on ignore, RMA?"

Bio-Rupp: "don't listen to him, I think you're the bees knees."

meh

Wow. Seriously?

(shrug)

Roy thinks he sees trolls everywhere. Just :eyeroll:and move on.

Actually, I was going to edit my post and respond that I wasn't sure what was going on between the two of you and that I was only replying directly to highradart that asking someone to stop responding to them is a normal internet thing if they feel they are being trolled after I realized that someone might take it the wrong way.

I have no idea what's going on between you guys and don't care. Sorry if you felt I targeted you.

Branget, you have a thing for replying to me in a negative way and have done several times and yet have never stated why. That's pretty much trolling. Why do you do it?

All the Founders of the US did was argue, for several years, before the Constitution was finally adopted.

Arguing for a purpose is a necessary part of governance "of the people, by the people, and for the people."

RMA, so you are okay with this tactic ? Apparently used to not sell to a specific

No, I'm not in favor of any game playing in sales threads.

If transplant thought he had a deal in place he should have posted the "I'll take it" in the thread, per PM. Instead, he waited until AFTER roulette put up the unconditional "I'll take it" in the thread.

The seller's rules were crystal clear, they were not confusing in the least. He specifically said first "I'll take it" in thread trumps ALL PM's. He even made a point to emphasize "ALL". There was no need for him to "reiterate" his rules again in a PM, they were already there, plain as day in his listing.

It's great he's being a stand up guy with the other prospective seller, trying not to burn any bridges, but per the explicit rules of his thread, he made the correct decision. I feel for the other buyer, but it really was the right decision.

-J.

Sorry, but that's not how contract law works. You are making assumptions. The rules themselves were not confusing...it was Dan's failure to follow his rules that led to the confusion.

I'm not quite sure why you don't understand what negotiations are.

But didn't he follow his rules that :takeit: trumps ALL PMs?

Also, your argument about having to restate the rules in a PM would have to apply to all of Dan's conditions. Not just the :takeit: in thread trumps ALL PMs, which seems to be the only condition you argue should've been restated. For example, how would Transplant know he wouldn't be charged extra for shipping? If Dan didn't restate that shipping was free, then Transplant would only know by what was stated in the thread, correct? Which would mean he knew terms of the sale. That's the same thing as having to restate the :takeit: beats all.

I'm not for or against what Dan did. He followed his stated rules, but I probably would've tried to work with both buyers to come to a solution somehow.

No, I'm not in favor of any game playing in sales threads.

Why didn't you say something when it happened ? To me, this tactic was way worse but nobody seemed to care. In fact Harvey got some backlash for even bringing it up. I just don't understand. Is it the Boardies nvolved?

'Tuffy' got screwed but apparently 'Tuffy' is not popular enough.

Oh for goodness sakes.

This stuff is simple. If the parties involved are fair and gentlemanly. If any of the parties involved are not. Then screw them.

How about, "Hey, no problem seller. He can have it. It's all good".

That is exactly what I have stated on here. After posting the "take it" in a thread and being notified that a PM deal was reached and it was neglected to post something in the sales thread letting it be known.

I mean, seriously. It's only a comic book. It isn't a kidney or heart.

What comic book can you not live without? What comic book is worth a friend, or a reputation?

Oh for goodness sakes.

This stuff is simple. If the parties involved are fair and gentlemanly. If any of the parties involved are not. Then screw them.

How about, "Hey, no problem seller. He can have it. It's all good".

That is exactly what I have stated on here. After posting the "take it" in a thread and being notified that a PM deal was reached and it was neglected to post something in the sales thread letting it be known.

I mean, seriously. It's only a comic book. It isn't a kidney or heart.

What comic book can you not live without? What comic book is worth a friend, or a reputation?

Please post more. :)

My apologies to the folks that want to actually change the selling rules. It's been debated since I got here and I'm all for it. Although, getting people to agree on them is the hard part.

Yeah, I've been here a much shorter time than many of you and I've already given up on this venture. :D

People didn't even want to discuss making a standard template to define "Regular Rules Apply." (shrug)