• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UTOPIA TV show

17 posts in this topic

anyone watch it?

I just heard about it and it sounds interesting

"Strangers linked by a comic book fan board are pursued by a group killing anyone in possession of a mysterious manuscript in this thriller series."

It's on UK Netflix and heard it's pretty good

Great first series. On Channel 4 over here.

I've got the complete second series recorded and ready to watch on the PVR.

Utopia Series 1 was really amazing TV, though adult and violent in content.

It does suffer from Series 2 syndrome though. I enjoyed it but wondered why they'd bothered ? All they did was take something special and dilute it.

Same as Banshee. Great first series, but all the tension, mystery and impetus is gone in the new series. It's still watchable, but is no longer must-see.

It does suffer from Series 2 syndrome though. I enjoyed it but wondered why they'd bothered ? All they did was take something special and dilute it.

Same as Banshee. Great first series, but all the tension, mystery and impetus is gone in the new series. It's still watchable, but is no longer must-see.

And I'm just about to watch Series 2. :(:(:(

And I'm just about to watch Series 2. :(:(:(

It's worth watching and has been one of the TV highlights the last few weeks but is disappointing compared to Utopia 1.

That was incredibly gripping and mysterious. When you explain everything, it all becomes a bit ordinary and loses it's power.

I've been seeing commercials for the American show of that name on Hulu, I don't think it's the same thing at all lol

Sounds good though. From what I understand the first season was a complete story like American Horror Story or True Detective?

I just watched episode one and it now has a firm grasp on me.

Very very intriguing. I think HBO is making an American version. But I don't get why that's necessary, it's not like it's in another language, the actors just have accents.

I've been seeing commercials for the American show of that name on Hulu, I don't think it's the same thing at all lol

Sounds good though. From what I understand the first season was a complete story like American Horror Story or True Detective?

Correct.

True Detective has the right idea. Use a completely new cast for Series 2 and leave Series 1 as a standalone masterpiece.

I just watched episode one and it now has a firm grasp on me.

Very very intriguing. I think HBO is making an American version. But I don't get why that's necessary, it's not like it's in another language, the actors just have accents.

FOX is doing the American version. A lot of American TV shows were originally foreign shows first. We just do it better :grin::baiting:

It turns out the main character in the show is the actor that plays Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious in Star Wars! The show is all about eugenics & trying to control the worlds population by sterilizing the entire human race. I think there's more to this show than just fiction. There are a bunch of new programs that are all about the same thing, with different takes & variations on population control. Aldo Huxley's Brave New World was about what his family & the Eugenics societies had planned for the human race, but most people just think it was a work of futuristic science fiction. Science only remains fiction till the idea becomes mainstream & everything in today's world was yesterday's fiction. Today's fiction is tomorrows reality. Reality is as limitless as our imagination.