• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mile High

42 posts in this topic

I haven't even paid yet because every comic book shows a shipping cost of $14.

I have to wait for a combined shipping invoice.

It's been over a week and counting.

I know they are slow but this doesn't seem normal even for them.

"This is order XXXXXXX. This order was placed on the 4th, and was

finalized on the 13th. I foresee this order to be shipping today or

tomorrow. We have been experiencing some slight delays in order

fulfillment, and we apologize for the wait."

I hate the fact that he carries a lot of the Jademan comics I need. I went on their site and purchased a lot of them during their 60% off and called them after not hearing from them for a week just to get the answer that they lost the order. :frustrated: I need these books, but I am tired of dealing with them.

A couple weeks ago I had a friend of mine order some books for me from the, as they have me blocked for not liking their business practices, and he had to file a suit 10 days after purchase and then they immediately filled order.

They just sent me an invoice....sort of....they sent me a message saying when they try to send an invoice, they get an eBay error.

I did get the email from eBay but can't send payment as it won't combine even though it shows as combined.

Okay, thanks folks.

My issue with MHC seems to be resolved.

Why would any of you guys use them in the first place? :((shrug)

Because I have never, after multiple orders spanning years, ever had an attitude issue with anyone working there.

I have gotten overgraded books. I have gotten WRONG books (2nd print rather than 4th print, etc.)

When I called up, I was treated with courtesy, and told, more often than not, "just keep that, and we'll mail you out the correct copy, on our dime."

"Other" companies have told me "we only issue refunds for our mistakes, if you want the correct issue, you'll have to pay for the shipping again"...and done it in a very discourteous, extremely unprofessional manner...the "why are you wasting my time? I have more important things to do than deal with your customer service problems."

meh

Make a mistake? No problem.

Ask the CUSTOMER to pay for that mistake? Big problem.

Be RUDE to the customer in the process...? Never again.

Yes, Chuck overgrades. Yes, Chuck UNDERgrades. Yes, Chuck's prices are crazy.

But if I'm willing to accept the price, and I get excellent service if there's any problem, I'll continue to give him my business.

Beats the competition by a mile....

;)

+1

I haven't had any issues with MHC other than this delay but they have courteously explained the issue and hope to resolve it shortly, whether it's their issue or eBay's.

If they show up in two weeks or five weeks, I don't really care all that much.

I'm accustomed to waiting for US shipments into Canada.

There seems to be less and less competition in the huge selection cheap comics market online lately. Didn't TFAW used to have a giant 75 cent section? Someplace did and they discontinued it. A couple options I used to use have closed up shop. The only major competition left off eBay would be MCS. Just not worth it anymore to many retailers I guess.

The worst VG I ever got from Mile High was a 5.0. You guys are a little rough on them. I agree ya pass on 95% of the listings, especially with no pics, but if you can get a VG copy at 4.5 prices, you might hit big. Ive pulled in a few 6.5's & 7.0's on some key issues. He doesn't press. It's a crapshoot, but a reasonable gamble. Just my $.02 :)

The worst VG I ever got from Mile High was a 5.0. You guys are a little rough on them. I agree ya pass on 95% of the listings, especially with no pics, but if you can get a VG copy at 4.5 prices, you might hit big. Ive pulled in a few 6.5's & 7.0's on some key issues. He doesn't press. It's a crapshoot, but a reasonable gamble. Just my $.02 :)

So, if you order a VG you get a 5.0 eh? I ordered some NMs and got 5.0s too!

Trust me, MHC deserves the reputation they have.

So, if you order a VG you get a 5.0 eh? I ordered some NMs and got 5.0s too!

Trust me, MHC deserves the reputation they have.

I once ordered a "NM" Silver Age book from them. It would have been lucky to get a 5.0.

I ordered a filler issue of a Copper Age series in NM for $1.60 and after grading it became the one-and-only 9.8 for that issue in the census. :whee:

Overall, I'd say my results from milehighcomics.com have been overgraded, sometimes quite a bit, but I've had enough good luck to keep going back to them for <$5 books.