• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aquaman 35....HTF ?

33 posts in this topic

Is it hard to find? At the moment, yes.

Is it rare or scarce? Personally, I don't think so.

I don't know the circulation numbers off the top of my head, but if I recall sales of Aquaman at this time were decent. This issue was published during the airing of the Filmation cartoon so he was enjoying some exposure thanks to that.

I've read comments by more dealer remarking on the fact that DC Silver collectors tend to buy and hold their books for much longer, and also that they tend not to slab their books. So the CGC census may not be an accurate gauge. And they may be holding out to see if prices will push higher before they are inclined to sell

All DCs are typically harder to find than Marvels of the same age. And "secondary" titles such as Aquaman are generally tougher to find than ones such as Justice League, Superman, Batman, Flash and Green Lantern. But Aquaman 35 is no harder to find than the other Aquaman issues published in 1967.

I bought my copy more than twenty years ago:

003_zpsea47def4.jpg

(shrug)

I've got a decent copy...

ollOn1.jpg

I've got an indecent copy.

They come around. Of course not many sellers have the b*lls to put them in auctions because they ride the coattails of those who do. A CGC 9.6 was auctioned on eBay not long ago and went for around a grand.

Yeah, and the last CGC 9.6 sale was '03 for $230. :juggle:

They come around. Of course not many sellers have the b*lls to put them in auctions because they ride the coattails of those who do. A CGC 9.6 was auctioned on eBay not long ago and went for around a grand.

The last sale that we know about

Correct. Leads me to think as Number 6 mentioned that DC Silver collectors are holding their books, and not slabbing.

there was a CLINK sale in 09 :acclaim:

^^ Is it the one that went for $1191? I don't see a sale date on that.

nah, i bought the PC copy for peanuts compared to what they're going for now

nah, i bought the PC copy for peanuts compared to what they're going for now

:censored:I hate myself for passing on that. I even had a counter offer of quite a bit less than the asking price.