• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's your obsession?

72 posts in this topic

Bruce Timm is my #1. It also helps that his pieces are still in the affordable range for me to purchase. :grin:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=159262

6 pieces and counting....

Affordable? Baller status. I've shelled out close to Timm prices for a Granov, but, can't commit to the smaller and more expensive Timm piece. Maybe someday. Nice stuff!

Bruce Timm is my #1. It also helps that his pieces are still in the affordable range for me to purchase. :grin:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=159262

6 pieces and counting....

Affordable? Baller status. I've shelled out close to Timm prices for a Granov, but, can't commit to the smaller and more expensive Timm piece. Maybe someday. Nice stuff!

Maybe affordable is not the right choice of word, but when you compare it to what I am trying to get "cough Arthur Adams cough" he's downright a bargain.

If it can only be one, it would be Frank Miller, because of both his writing and drawing prowess. A lot of my other favorites are particularly skilled at one or the other, but Frank is like a double barrel shotgun of talent. Sure hope he is with us for a long time and that recent pictures do not portend anything dire.

Scott

Sean Murphy, generally, but primarily on The Wake [thank god its over, so my budget can take a breather]

Don Newton on Batman [always looking for good Newton Bats pages, or Phantom]

Zach Howard on Wild Blue Yonder [a thing of beauty, pity it takes months for each issue]

Matt Roberts on Manifest Destiny [some of the most inventive layouts I've seen]

Gabriel Rodriguez on Locke & Key [only covers, he won't part with interiors, *sigh*]

Sean Murphy, generally, but primarily on The Wake [thank god its over, so my budget can take a breather]

Don Newton on Batman [always looking for good Newton Bats pages, or Phantom]

Zach Howard on Wild Blue Yonder [a thing of beauty, pity it takes months for each issue]

Matt Roberts on Manifest Destiny [some of the most inventive layouts I've seen]

Gabriel Rodriguez on Locke & Key [only covers, he won't part with interiors, *sigh*]

That's a lot of obsessions!!

+1 I have two pieces from issue#1 (non combat). He does a fantastic job storytelling and his inks are sick. Great series that does lose steam because of the length of time to publish.

If it can only be one, it would be Frank Miller, because of both his writing and drawing prowess. A lot of my other favorites are particularly skilled at one or the other, but Frank is like a double barrel shotgun of talent. Sure hope he is with us for a long time and that recent pictures do not portend anything dire.

Scott

+1. I hope it's Frank recovers from whatever ails him. Miller's artwork is such a joy to look at and his storytelling a visceral experience like few others.