• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WW Chicago Mexican style

18 posts in this topic

image_zpse5143e4c.jpg

Please dear God tell me they had chile rellenos and good margs :wishluck:

If it's in Chicago, the answer is no.

.... I've yet to encounter the Chile relleno as good as the one's my Mom used to make :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

.... I've yet to encounter the Chile relleno as good as the one's my Mom used to make :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

me either

I wish I could try one, chile rellenos are my favorite. We have driven 7 hrs to New Mexico for chile rellenos (and of course margaritas).

That Parker in the Batman shirt?

I thought it was Clark Kent.

I see Bill up front. He must be lost after his whirlwind tour of Europe and the Western United States. Slow down Bill. It isn't the age, it's the mileage.

Looks like Maria's.

:cloud9:

Pretty much the only decent restaurant within walking distance, isn't it?

I have yet to find a bad meal in Chicago. Even the hotel food is spectacular. That's just my 2c though.

I wish I could try one, chile rellenos are my favorite. We have driven 7 hrs to New Mexico for chile rellenos (and of course margaritas).

....they were awesome. She would take a large Chile and put Monterey Jack cheese inside and would then fry it in this marangue (sp?) batter of blended egg whites with the yellows folded back in. It was fairly simple with the batter preparation being the most time consuming. It was my choice for my birthday dinner almost every year..... I could wipe out a whole platter in no time. Another concoction that I came up with is a Mexican style casserole ...... the casserole dish needs to be deep enough for three layers, each of the three layers consisting of white corn tortilla chips, Hormel Chile with beans,Old El Paso chopped (or whole) Chiles, and Monterey Jack (grated)...... baked for about an hour or until cheese is melted. I called it a Mexican Birthday cake.... because each layer is clearly separated from the next by the tortillas :cloud9: It's a super easy "on the go" kind of dish that holds up real well as a leftover. After it's done it can be topped with shredded lettuce, onions, tomatoes, olives..... whatever. If you're not afraid of instant coronary failure, sour cream can be added to top it all off. It's a true Bachelor's Delight.GOD BLESS...