• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Renewal Reminder: CGC Fantasy Football League

31 posts in this topic

I retired FFL in 1996. Those years before 1996 were best than today because of the stupid salary caps and free agency. RB days were best in past than today. The defense is now complicated. Too many concussions. I missed the old days.

Wow, and I thought I was :preach:

UPDATE:

Teams have been locked. Draft is set for:

Live League Draft on Sat Aug 30 6:00pm PDT

If you can't make the draft, preselect your draft order or use Yahoo's default draft order (not necessarily recommended). :grin:

We currently have 7 paid players. These are the best odds you'll ever get anywhere. Please consider paying the optional entry fee, and belly-up to the bar boys - Good Luck!

Well I was having a BBQ and my wifi signal is horrible in the backyard. I was sufficiently lubricated so I closed my iPad and let Yahoo do all the work.

That was a huge mistake, never, ever, do that. When I woke up this morning is saw the damage that was done and it isn't fixable. Although, I suck pretty hard when I try and draft well so maybe I'll have the luckiest season ever.

Good luck to everyone.

P.S. I got a D on the draft report card.

Well I was having a BBQ and my wifi signal is horrible in the backyard. I was sufficiently lubricated so I closed my iPad and let Yahoo do all the work.

That was a huge mistake, never, ever, do that. When I woke up this morning is saw the damage that was done and it isn't fixable. Although, I suck pretty hard when I try and draft well so maybe I'll have the luckiest season ever.

Good luck to everyone.

Same here. But I think my team is salvageable. I just need to work on my WR situation. I completely swapped out the defense it picked for me late last night.

Good luck to everyone.

Same here. But I think my team is salvageable. I just need to work on my WR situation. I completely swapped out the defense it picked for me late last night.

lol I got a D as well. There was no way I could attend a 9 PM EST draft on a Saturday over a holiday weekend. I should have spent some time pre-ranking but I probably would have ended up with an F. :insane:

Week 1 :acclaim:

smoke'emifyougot'em.

1-0

Weekly Grade: A+

Team Zuckuss2003.

0-1

Weekly Grade: C

smoke'emifyougot'em eviscerated Team Zuckuss2003 189.44 - 113.30 while also impressing Willie Nelson with the second-highest point total in the league this week. Team Zuckuss2003 failed to live up to expectations and scored only 86.0% of a projected 131.81, while smoke'emifyougot'em scored 15.9% more points than projected (163.49). Team Zuckuss2003 was led by the tag team of Le'Veon Bell, with 29.70 points, and Pierre Garcon, who scored 12.70. Both teams left points off the scoreboard in this one, as smoke'emifyougot'em started one player with zero points and Team Zuckuss2003 also served up one. smoke'emifyougot'em kicks off the campaign with a 1-0 record, good enough for second place. Team Zuckuss2003 debuts at 0-1 and in 14th place.

Top Players

Calvin Johnson

Le'Veon Bell

Colin Kaepernick

Knowshon Moreno

Smooth Moves by smoke'emifyougot'em

•With 34.90 points, Calvin Johnson had the third-highest score in the league this week.

•Knowshon Moreno put the team on his back with 19.40 points, the sixth-highest score among RBs in the league this week.

•The 18.40 points scored by Vernon Davis was the second-highest point total among TEs in the league this week.

•This is the bar, and this is the team jumping over it. smoke'emifyougot'em had 9 of their 15 starters exceed their projected points.

•Even with a zero from starter Richard Sherman, smoke'emifyougot'em was still able to win.