• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blade Runner 2 on the way care of Ridley Scott
2 2

460 posts in this topic

Ridley Scott Now Says He Might Direct BLADE RUNNER 2

-----------------------

"I don’t know about [not directing ‘Blade Runner 2’] yet," Ridley Scott told Yahoo. He says he has a personal connection to it and would find it difficult to let someone else direct it.

"The -script is very, very good. Very good. I wouldn’t know [what sort of director we’d want]. It’s a hard one to track because it’s a very personal piece of my work," Scott said. ”[‘Blade Runner’] may be one of the most personal pieces I did. I got so beaten up for it, I said I’d never try that again. But here we are. It’s sitting there ready to be made.”

-----------------------

Ridley Scott Now Says He Might Direct BLADE RUNNER 2

-----------------------

"I don’t know about [not directing ‘Blade Runner 2’] yet," Ridley Scott told Yahoo. He says he has a personal connection to it and would find it difficult to let someone else direct it.

"The -script is very, very good. Very good. I wouldn’t know [what sort of director we’d want]. It’s a hard one to track because it’s a very personal piece of my work," Scott said. ”[‘Blade Runner’] may be one of the most personal pieces I did. I got so beaten up for it, I said I’d never try that again. But here we are. It’s sitting there ready to be made.”

-----------------------

A sudden epiphany now that time is running out for the man. This should've been done (much like the Star Wars prequels) 20 years ago. I consider Blade Runner a much more cerebral experience, coupled with a gritty reality that I think was very much not of the day and age in which it was created.

------------------------

Another sci-fi sequel much longer in the making is Scott's Blade Runner follow up. The director talks a little about the design aspect, and claims Harrison Ford told him it's the best -script he's ever read.

------------------------

Blade Runner 2 Release Date

-------------------

He mentioned that the production will begin sometime this year.

Moreover, the movie -script is already finished by writer Hampton Fancher and Green Lantern's screen writer Michael Green.

'We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first on. Harrison (Ford) is very much part of this one, but really it's about finding him, he comes in the third act,' Scott said.

Blade Runner 2 release date is yet to be announced while Prometheus 2 release date is slated to hit the theatres on March 4, 2016.

-------------------

BLADE RUNNER 2 Finds A Director; Harrison Ford Will Return As 'Deckard'

--------------------

Harrison Ford will reprise his celebrated role of Rick Deckard in the sequel to Alcon Entertainment’s BLADE RUNNER and Academy Award nominee Denis Villeneuve to (Prisoners, Incendies) is in negotiations to direct, it was announced by Alcon co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. Film is scheduled to start principle photography in summer of 2016. Hampton Fancher (co-writer of the original) and Michael Green have written the original screenplay based on an idea by Fancher and Ridely Scott.

--------------------

BLADE RUNNER: THE FINAL CUT Gets A New Trailer Ahead OF UK Re-Release

--------------------

On the heels of the announcement that Denis Villeneuve will helm the Blade Runner sequel, we have this new trailer for the "Final Cut" of the first film, which will be re-released in theaters across the UK and Ireland next month.

--------------------

Just finished The Final Cut this morning, with everything so innovative in it, it's so easy to forget how cool Edward James Olmos was in it.

I have to agree. For such short scenes, he did an incredible job.

Ryan Gosling Being Courted To Star In BLADE RUNNER Sequel

According to Variety, Ryan Gosling (Drive, Blue Valentine) is in negotiations to star in the upcoming Blade Runner Sequel. It is unknown who Gosling is playing in the film.

The Blade Runner sequel is said to be taking place several decades after the conclusion of the original. Harrison Ford is also back as replicant hunter Rick Deckard. Denis Villeneuve is set to direct with an unspecified release date.

Cinematographer Roger Deakins Set To Join Denis Villeneuve for 'Blade Runner' Sequel

Twelve-time Academy Award-nominated cinematographer Roger Deakins will join director Denis Villeneuve (Prisoners, Incendies) on Alcon Entertainment’s sequel to BLADE RUNNER, it was announced by Alcon co-founders and co-CEO’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson.

Deakins, who will be presented with the Pierre Angénieux Excellens in Cinematography Award at the Cannes Film Festival on May 22 reteams with Villeneuve on what will be their third feature collaboration, havingpreviously worked together on Alcon’s Prisoners, starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal as well as Villeneuve’s upcoming film Sicario, a drug-trafficking drama starring Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin and Benicio Del Toro from Black Label Media, which is in Competition at the Cannes Film Festival.

‘Blade Runner 2’: Denis Villeneuve Talks “Autonomous” Follow-Up, Harrison Ford, and More

So when Steve sat down with Villeneuve recently at the Toronto International Film Festival to talk about Sicario, he also took the time to ask the filmmaker about Blade Runner 2. Villeneuve reiterated that Harrison Ford is starring in the project, and revealed that Ford was set before Villeneuve became involved:

“It’s more than nervous, it’s a deep fear. I mean when I heard that Ridley Scott wanted to do another movie in the Blade Runner universe, at first my reaction was that it’s a fantastic idea, but it may be a very bad idea. I’m among the hardcore fans of Blade Runner. Blade Runner is one of my favorite movies of all time. It’s a movie that is linked with my love and passion for cinema. I’m coming from a small town in Quebec where, at that time, there was no internet and the way to be in contact with movies were those American fan magazines like Fantastic Films and Starlog and I still remember the shock, the impact of seeing the first frames, the first pictures coming out of Blade Runner. Me and my friends were in awe, so excited and the movie was such a strong cinematic experience. A new way of seeing sci-fi.

For me it’s like a monument. So when I realized one day that they put in front of me the Blade Runner project screen play, for me I was very moved to have this honor to read the screenplay, but I accepted to do it because I felt that Hampton Fancher, Ridely Scott and Michael Green did a fantastic job on the screenplay. It’s a very powerful screenplay. And I felt that it made sense to me and I had the Ridley Scott blessing. But you ask if I hesitated. I hesitated massively. It took me a lot of time to say yes. Not because I didn’t believe in it, because I was like ‘Who am I to dare to touch that?’ And at the same there’s a part of me that said, ‘I’m a hardcore fan, I don’t want to :censored: that up.’”