• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does this auction make you want to run for the hills?

13 posts in this topic

Just looks very scammy to me....or is it just me?? Apologies if its a boardie and legit...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-CGC-4-5-Universal-Grade-/121418702143?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

This is (yet) another example of a scam auction using a hijacked account.

But someone will still buy it anyway.

Per chance to dream......

-J.

The price is not that unrealistic I think and couldn't it be someone who inherited some comics and is selling it for a bit more than what it was bought for or something?

Is it only because that person is not used to selling comics that it is necessarily a scam?

Also, one interesting note: the comic is being sold from Forest Hills, which is Peter Parker's hometown.

It's also home to Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, some of the original Ramones and Mike Carbanaro.

How can one tell if a scan is stolen?

It's also home to Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel, some of the original Ramones and Mike Carbanaro.

One of these things is not like the others.

One of these things just doesn't belong.

Can you tell me which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

Also, one interesting note: the comic is being sold from Forest Hills, which is Peter Parker's hometown.

How can one tell if a scan is stolen?

Usually I just use Google Images and copy the picture across. It will tell you which images match it perfectly. This one doesn't show up though, so I'm not sure how one would know it's a stolen scan.