• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arrgh! Guess what comic I damaged severely today?

33 posts in this topic

Dang! That was fast.

doh! It's in the Photobucket name.

Here's the comic.

ca117_zpsd426bd14.jpg

PM me your address and I'll send you some comics.

No...that's cool...I totally cheated. lol

Thanks anyway...and sorry about the book. It's happened to us all at some point or another.

No, you were were clever enough to figure it out by using using your wits. I wasn't thinking, probably because I was kicking myself for doing something so stupid. The offer still stands.

Thanks...really...but I can't take them. You could use them in another game though. :)

Take the book. Don't show the damage. Video you looking through it then going 'this book is mess!'

then rip it to shreds. Post on youtube. Link youtube to your ebay store.

Marketing

Title 'man rips key comic book to shreds'

I once tore a Batman 17 the same day I bought it. When I was sliding it into the Mylar sleeve, the edge of the Mylar (the kind with flaps) caught the edge of the front cover.

(It would have been a VF/NM except one of the staples was missing...still a pretty nice book before the tear.)

I once tore a Batman 17 the same day I bought it. When I was sliding it into the Mylar sleeve, the edge of the Mylar (the kind with flaps) caught the edge of the front cover.

(It would have been a VF/NM except one of the staples was missing...still a pretty nice book before the tear.)

And this is how, as time goes on, all our old books of mid to high grade become more scarce and valuable. 1 in 4 collectors (totally made up stat) who just have to take their books out to read and feel them or to rebag/board will sustain a careless loss to their books.

I'll probably be one when I go read through my entire ASM run or when it's time to rebag/board them. The lesson: stop handling and reading your books! Don't even point at them! :jokealert:

Take the book. Don't show the damage. Video you looking through it then going 'this book is mess!'

then rip it to shreds. Post on youtube. Link youtube to your ebay store.

Marketing

Title 'man rips key comic book to shreds'

Better yet, start the video with the nice copy and sub in the damaged book.

That sucks. Very sorry to hear. We've probably all done it several times in one form or another. My kryptonite was tape pulls until I did it to a semi grail book. Now all tape comes of; every time. No excuses.

I feel your pain. I once dropped a long box of high grade Silver2Bronze Age Richie Rich comics from high up in a closet. Needless to say, the entire box almost dropped a grade or two. No mylars... just bags.

I don't know how on earth dealers can handle that kind of pain. Driving back and forth and moving inventory all around, having careless readers dig through boxes-- it must be almost inevitable that the statistics will catch up and a disaster will happen. And with high grade stock....

I know the feeling. My moments were: Dropping a very nice copy of 70's Ghost Rider 1 on its top edge onto the footing of my desk chair. Damaged throughout the book

Have had my fair share of run-ins with tape, not long ago on an IMSM #1.

Drum roll... Today, I was cherry picking through my boxes of what are mostly an awful large amount of wasted money (90's drek) as it's been a while since I've gone through them. Most of my boxes are packed snug. Get to one that was not, some of the books shifted and got curled during a move. Of course my 3 copies of New Mutants Annual 2 were among these books. :cry:

Damage always seems to home in on the good books.

If you have a stack of youngbloods and one Giant size X men annual #1 and something goes awry, it will head straight for that GSXM.....