• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"I will drive up to 500! miles one way hand you these comics for $150"

18 posts in this topic

Do we have any Archie collectors who can put this into perspective..? He talks like sa used car salesman... but I don't know that market well enough to qualify anything he says.

+1 :popcorn:

his listings sound like hype, but I would like to know if any of it is founded in facts :)

Jackpot 4 and Pep 22 are both double edged swords to me as an MLJ collector. I have no interest in Archie at all, but those issues are right in the middle of the super hero runs I want to put together.

That would be beyond frustrating. I'm assuming the fmv of the #22 is way more expensive than the first 21 issues combined in similar grades..

A little eccentric and has poor grammar, but he seems to know his Archies pretty well. It will be interesting to see if an Archie collector responds to this.

I'm pretty sure the owner of the shoe store giveaway has posted in the GA forum before. I think in response to people discussing the book.

Maybe a year or two ago?

A little eccentric and has poor grammar, but he seems to know his Archies pretty well. It will be interesting to see if an Archie collector responds to this.

I'm pretty sure the owner of the shoe store giveaway has posted in the GA forum before. I think in response to people discussing the book.

Maybe a year or two ago?

Here's the most recent thread I could find - Linky.

Jackpot 4 and Pep 22 are both double edged swords to me as an MLJ collector. I have no interest in Archie at all, but those issues are right in the middle of the super hero runs I want to put together.

That would be beyond frustrating. I'm assuming the fmv of the #22 is way more expensive than the first 21 issues combined in similar grades..

Oh yeah. I was originally thinning of stopping my run at #21 but there are just too many cool covers in the 30s. So I am forever doomed to have a hole in a run.

Not just the poor grammar but the obvious gross typos. I'm amazed by these listings for four-figure and up books where the seller can't be bothered to proof his description or provide decent photos or scans.

I lump typos in with poor grammar. When you try to correct these people they say something like "I didn't know I was in English class". Well, yes, if you want anyone to take you seriously you'd better pretend you are in English class and write a damn description people can understand. You had also better come across as an intelligent person, because no one knows who you are behind the phony screen name.

I just ignore those who get all ruffled when their grammar and typing is pointed out. I will not do business with someone who cannot even try to act professional. Of course, there are exceptions...like people who list things on eBay that are vastly underpriced... :olol

Thurston is a very knowledgeable Archie collector (thumbs u I have bought from him and sold to him over the years.

Oh yeah. I was originally thinking of stopping my run at #21 but there are just too many cool covers in the 30s. So I am forever doomed to have a hole in a run.

Pep 30, 32, 34 and 36 are all awesome covers IMO (thumbs u

At least Jackpot 4 is still obtainable in 2.0 for $5K. You can't even get a coverless Pep 22 for that...

Oh yeah. I was originally thinking of stopping my run at #21 but there are just too many cool covers in the 30s. So I am forever doomed to have a hole in a run.

Pep 30, 32, 34 and 36 are all awesome covers IMO (thumbs u

At least Jackpot 4 is still obtainable in 2.0 for $5K. You can't even get a coverless Pep 22 for that...

Completely off topic - I am slowly getting a collection of coverless early Golden Age. The guy has no idea what's in it, but there's been all sort of fun things, Pep 9, Fantastic 3, etc. etc. If a Pep 22 shows up - and please don't message because it hasn't yet and I'm not sure if it will - as a coverless copy, what's FMV? I have absolutely no idea.

I'll chime in as another Archie collector. I have never bought from Thurston but he has reached out to me a number of times. Reading his emails, postings and forum rants is painful at best, but he does have some solid Archie knowledge. I wish I knew more about him ... based on grammar and lack of punctuation, I'm curious to know if he's foreign, uneducated or just lazy.