• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Relevance of Fantasic Four #49?

21 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #48 gets a lot of attention as being the first appearance of Silver Surfer and the first brief appearance of Galactus. Fantastic Four #52 is the first appearance of the Black Panther and has been on fire due to speculation that the Black Panther may be involved in an upcoming movie. That being said, is Fantastic Four #49 a key? Is it relevant as a major book in the series?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

Fantastic Four #48 gets a lot of attention as being the first appearance of Silver Surfer and the first brief appearance of Galactus. Fantastic Four #52 is the first appearance of the Black Panther and has been on fire due to speculation that the Black Panther may be involved in an upcoming movie. That being said, is Fantastic Four #49 a key? Is it relevant as a major book in the series?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you!

49 is the first appearance of the Surfer on a cover. I think the real value is just as the middle part of the three issue continued story. 48 is the major key books and 49 and 50 are the bookends

I think 49 is a blockbuster.

If the word "Galactus" wasn't on the cover of FF 48, FF 49 might be the most sought after of The Trilogy, as it would most likely be regarded as his 1st app.

Consider that #48 is full of the ending of the Inhumans storyline, and #50 steps on the ending with a cover showing Johnny strolling to classes in a topcoat. So #49 is the issue that has the real meat of The Galactus Trilogy. To me, it's the best read of the three, easily the best cover, and all 3 are key books.

If the word "Galactus" wasn't on the cover of FF 48, FF 49 might be the most sought after of The Trilogy, as it would most likely be regarded as his 1st app.

Consider that #48 is full of the ending of the Inhumans storyline, and #50 steps on the ending with a cover showing Johnny strolling to classes in a topcoat. So #49 is the issue that has the real meat of The Galactus Trilogy. To me, it's the best read of the three, easily the best cover, and all 3 are key books.

One of the best covers ever IMO.

I agree...definitely the best cover of the 3 issue trilogy and as marvelcollector opines as well...one of the great covers of all time!! Add me in... :cloud9:

FANTASTICFOUR49CGC90OWW.jpg

I agree...definitely the best cover of the 3 issue trilogy and as marvelcollector opines as well...one of the great covers of all time!! Add me in... :cloud9:

FANTASTICFOUR49CGC90OWW.jpg

Great book!

And it sports definitely one of the best Marvel covers of all time!!

Agreed it's a key.

So how many FF keys in a row 44,45,46,47,48,49,50, 51, 52......???

Why would you consider # 47 a key? (shrug)

1st app. of Maximus.

Thank you sir for taking care of my light work :headbang:

1st Alpha Primitives

not sure but is it first Hidden Land?

According to Wiki, the home city of Attilan was a creation of Jack Kirby in 1941:

"The Inhumans first appeared in Fantastic Four #45 (December 1965), though members Medusa and Gorgon appeared in earlier issues of that series (#36 and #44, respectively). Their home, the city of Attilan, was first mentioned years earlier, in a Tuk the Caveboy story written and drawn by Jack Kirby that appeared in Captain America Comics #1 (March 1941). The city was described as the home of a race that was evolutionarily advanced when human beings were still in the Stone Age"

The Great Refuge is mentioned in FF #46.

A CGC 9.0 #49 is ~$1,000 book. That's where #48 was 4 years ago in the same grade. I think it has plenty of recognition, especially given the continued debacle of the FF movies. I think Galactus is a Pygmy tribesman in the next FF movie...

If Fox were to ever release SS and Galactus to Marvel, watch out!!